Here are a few pictures from this morning... the wind in this storm is INSANE! My hubby went out to do some scooping. By the time we woke up we had probably gotten 6-8 inches. He wanted to get some of it cleared off before we get up to 10-15 inches tonight. *Sigh*
(You can see how bad the visibility is in these pictures - especially compared to the sunny ones below.)


Sooooo, it's snowing. AGAIN. I can see the pretty white flakes falling as I type this. We could get another 10 or more inches by tomorrow evening. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? Is this for real?
Just to re-cap... we had about 8 inches last Saturday (which canceled all of our weekend plans), 6 inches on Wednesday (no school), 28 inches over the weekend, and now another 10 or more by tomorrow.
They announced today that school is canceled for the rest of the week. That means I won't be back until next Tuesday (Monday = Presidents Day.) I'm not sure if I should be celebrating. I mean, you know what they say about too much of a good thing, right? This morning I started going a bit stir crazy.
I have basically not left the house since Friday afternoon... and it is now Tuesday night. (At least I think it's Tuesday - I have honestly lost track of my days.) Thankfully my hubby has been off all this time as well. We've gotten a few things done around the house, but mostly just relaxed and enjoyed some lazy time together.
I have taken at least one walk every day to get some fresh air and exercise. And of course I've done a bit of snow shoveling. Although my hubby has done most of the work since we only have one shovel. ;)
It makes me want to cry watching more snow fall on the areas that took FOREVER to scoop. Cleaning up three feet of snow is a pain! Once you start shoveling, you run out of places to put it. We had to un-bury our trash cans yesterday so that we could take out our trash.
Our street is still a mess from the weekend. I think it got plowed once while snow was still falling on Saturday. Four-wheel drive vehicles can get by, but regular cars (like we have) get stuck and end up spinning their wheels.
This morning we took a nice long walk to the closest grocery store - the Korean Korner. In five years of living here we have never set foot in there until today! Thankfully they had what we were looking for: bananas and ice cream. :)
The one thing that has not been a problem is food. I stocked up pretty well before the big snow came and I can't stop eating! I feel like that's all I've been doing. Hopefully this doesn't keep up for the next 7 days since I will still be at home. I worked out on our eliptical machine the first couple of mornings... so I need to get back to that tomorrow.
I don't mean to complain. Usually all I want during the winter is a snow day! But this is getting out of hand. Everyone - students and teachers - will be a wreck next week. I was supposed to have auditions for my show this week, so we will now be a week behind in rehearsals. Not to mention that as soon as we get back it will be the Ash Wednesday Mass and Lent. Ahhh! I'm not prepared for that.
Oh well, I'm sure everyone will feel behind. It's just so strange to not leave the house. I am such a busy person - my life is usually go, go, go. I'm glad to relax, but I don't like feeling trapped. I wish I could at least get to Mass. But I'm going to enjoy this time at home and try to do a couple of productive things each day.
I'll leave you with a couple more pictures - I just can't get over this incredible volume of snow.
My hubby walking in the middle of the street. Can you see why cars are having trouble getting by?

Me on our sidewalk. The snow is up to my waist!
that is crazy! I don't think that we have that much snow here...why isn't your road plowed?
ReplyDeleteI'm shaking my head in disbelief! It's so crazy that the Olympic people are up in arms up here because WE HAVE NO SNOW! It was snowing a bit this evening, but the most we've had all winter is 10 cm and that was on December 9th. We've had so little that I can remember the date!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how stir crazy you're getting! I'm so glad that you have your cupboards stocked! Mr. JB and I joke that we could live for quite a while on what we have in the cold cellar and the pantry!
And yes, why isn't your road plowed???
p.s. I think that it's so funny that you own only one shovel. I have a little one in my car, and we have three or four in the garage!
p.p.s. I wish we could trade. I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow!
ReplyDeleteThat is incredible!!! I love it but I can see why you're feeling a bit trapped. I laughed out loud at the "Korean Korner"! Hilarious. Snow brings everyone together!
ReplyDeletethat is crazy. we have colleagues in the school district in dc and we keep hearing how the whole city is shut down...nuts!
ReplyDeleteWow. Those pictures are truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteAt least your getting a second look at LOST :)
We got about ten inches of snow today ourselves...and my dh was thrilled he had school...less days to make up in the summer. Enjoy the time off...like you said..it will be crazy when you get back trying to catch up and preparing for Lent.
ReplyDeleteI love looking at the snow pictures, it looks so much better than all the rain puddles in my yard.
ReplyDeleteI just have to say that I think God is giving you this time of bonding and resting for a reason! Not trying to say anything specific, but I just know that graces will coming your way!
Yes, I can see why you are tired of all the snow! Shoveling it all is soooooo much work and being cooped up in your home for a few days is . . . . ahhhhh!
ReplyDelete:)
God bless!
I am a "northern" girl, but the snow in your area is getting a bit ridiculous! It is good that you have made it out of your house a few times. Good luck with the newest snowfall - hopefully it isn't as bad as they have predicted. ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteO.M.G!!! I can't believe it! Your pictures are craziness! I talked to my brother today who lives in DC and I just truly can't get over it all for you guys up there!
ReplyDeleteWe are just getting 2 inches tonight and I thought that was bad! :)
They have ice cream at the KK?? :) hahaha So funny!
ReplyDeleteI would be ticked about the snow! I hate it and I hate being snowed in for more then 1 day!
And to add insult to injury, they're saying it's supposed to snow Sunday and Monday! Can you believe this?! It's completely nuts!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you stay warm!
Wow!!! That kind of snow is foreign to me... and I grew up in the Rocky Mountains!! Stay warm!!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures!! This is really past the point of craziness now. Just think, you'll be telling your kids all about the snow of 2010 years from now!
ReplyDeleteAnd I've never heard the term 'scooping' before, but I think it sounds so cute! Is it a Midwest or CA thing?
I'm so done with the snow and my area has only gotten a few inches. It's too bad we can't rent a big truck and ship it all to Vancouver. Really, I'm ready for Spring. Maybe it's the California snow intolerance that's returning!
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you mean...my school is hoping to go back on Friday and it will be a CRAZY day.
My jaw hit the floor when I saw those pics! I mean, WOW!!! I cannot believe it!!!
ReplyDeleteI bet the Korean Korner is hopping these days! ha ha!!!
It looks like you got even more than we did - I think my yard snow is only over my knees. And our road is passable - the rise between the tire treads is more like six inches than what looks like a foot in your photo. So I think you are well and truly stuck. (On my street, you're only stuck until you dig your car out, which admittedly could take hours. I'm digging mine out for the second time tomorrow morning.) No canceling the coffee again though, please!! We'll all have our sidewalks done by Saturday and can get to public transportation even if our cars aren't mobile yet!
ReplyDeleteHappy Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes! I thought of you today and your upcoming trip when I remembered today's feast. However, I think a more appropriate title for our Blessed Mother right now would be "Our Lady of the Snows". Good luck getting dug out! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteIt's snow here too (NW Louisiana), but it's nothing compared to what you've had. I hope you can get out of your house soon. Stay warm and safe!
ReplyDelete