Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Babies, Bloggers, and Busy!

I have to stop starting every post with, "I'm so busy!" or "I've been meaning to update sooner." Ha ha... although both of those things are usually true.

My dear friend Lori and and her sweet baby girl Monica Rose (baby #4!) came over for a visit last week. It was so great to meet her at just 8 days old. My friend never ceases to amaze me, but I guess that's what happens when you're a young mama of four.


It was so wonderful to meet two new blogger babies last night! I love these blogging ladies and am so grateful for their support and friendship. It was great to see them, although I was sad that Ethan and Tommy missed all the fun.



This morning my school had a special Mass to celebrate our newly-renovated upper school. The Archbishop of our diocese was the celebrant, which is obviously a big deal, so everyone at school worked hard to make it a nice event. I mostly helped with music and I'm happy to report it was a beautiful Mass. As the Archbishop was leaving he spotted Tommy and gave him a blessing on the forehead - it was so sweet! I continue to be so grateful for my little part-time job and for staying connected to my school.

I can't remember if I have already posted about this or not, but recently I have been working hard to grow our parish youth ministry program. We only meet twice a month on Sunday nights, so I'm trying to add more. I spoke at all the Masses this past weekend and I'm hoping to recruit more teens. We will be having more events/activities this year including a Bible Study at Panera and a Youth Mass once a month. We also need to do some fundraising and I really hope we have some success. The teens who come now are a great bunch, so hopefully we can get a few more regulars.

Well, the countdown is on for our trip to California - we leave on Saturday. I'm not too nervous about the flight, just all the gear we're going to need. We are trying to pack as lightly as possible. We'll see how that goes. :) I'm so excited for Tommy's first trip to my home state!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ladies and babies!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Sarah's head on Philip's shoulder! Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love that you are still in with your school part time, if we ever have a baby I will beg my principal to let me do the same. You are so cute in pictures, you always look like you are about to crack up at something, so full of fun and life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are fabulous!

    I am sure you are such a blessing to the teens. You exude such joy and fun!

    ReplyDelete