Tuesday, December 14, 2010

January 28

Yesterday we FINALLY heard from the court about our adoption finalization hearing. Our date is January 28th. It's later than we had hoped, but we are so excited to have this final step behind us.

About 30 minutes after I got off the phone with the court I realized that January 28 is the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas!! I couldn't believe it. I love the Lord and His mysterious ways.

16 comments:

  1. How exciting!! And what a fortuitous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not a coincidence!

    p.s. It's also my bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! The time will fly by and it will be finalized before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Our good Lord has his reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome!

    STA is really looking out for his little namesake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, G, I am SOO excited for your family. What a special day that will be. I know it will fly right by and be here before you know it, with the holidays in between and all.

    I couldn't stop crying tears of joy when that judge said, "congratulations." It was by far one of the best moments of my entire life. (I cried again when the birth certificate arrived in the mail with her first and last name on it). I looked at our precious, innocent L and she looked at me and I just couldn't hold her close enough. Oh man, I'm already crying just thinking about it.

    I cannot WAIT for your big day. Please take some pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm surprised too, that it took that long - isn't it usually 6 months in MD? Still, I'm glad the date is set and that it's one that has meaning for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is more than coincidence! Praying that everything goes well that day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the type of answer to prayer I've been pondering!!! It is obviously so much more than coincidence in cases like yours (the way Tommy came to you, right after a pilgrimage to Lourdes, and now this) - it really is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! It is amazing how God works in these ways. So precious that Tommy's feast day is also his adoption day!
    I understand the bummer about having to wait until 2011 because of the tax credit delay, but God has His timing for a reason!

    ReplyDelete