Last Wednesday I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. S. It was so great to talk with him about the surgery, the results and his treatment plan. Every encounter I have with him makes me SO HAPPY to be his patient! I feel like I'm getting much better medical care than in the past. He takes his time and really explains everything to me. I also feel so much more confident in his treatment plan and his expertise.
First he examined me and said that I was healing nicely. And yes, he said that the itchiness is a sign that the incisions were healing. He confirmed all the results that my parents had already told me: he was able to unblock my left tube and removed almost all the spots of endometriosis - which he categorized as stage 2, maybe even beginning of stage 3.
One spot he only treated partially because it was located on my colon and he didn't want to mess with that tissue too much. Apparently the endo and the scar tissue around it have been pulling my colon away and it's now stuck to a ligament nearby. He said that it shouldn't be a problem as long as I wasn't having any pain or any trouble going to the bathroom. (Thankfully I am not!) :)
He even found a spot of endo on my diaphragm. Can you believe that?? I can't believe that he would even check that area, but as I've mentioned he is very thorough. It's amazing how far endo can travel.
He really took his time going through the 54 pictures and explaining how endometriosis causes infertility. Based on my charts and the hormone panel done last May he is concerned about my very short luteal phase and my post-peak hormone levels. His suggested treatment plan is HCG injections. I'm so excited to finally try HCG after countless cycles on progesterone. My prescription should arrive this week and since I'm on cycle day five I should be post-peak in two weeks. He also recommended a Vitamin D supplement since my levels are so low. I will get bloodwork done each cycle to see how things are going.
It feels really good to be moving forward! I continue to hope and pray that one day, Lord willing, we will conceive.
Such excellent, hopeful news!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic news!!! You are so blessed to have such a great doctor!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!!!!'
ReplyDeleteSounds promising!! Glad everything looks so good!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME news!!
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! Beginning stages of 3!! Crazy!!
ReplyDeleteYay for hcg!!!
I take 10,000 units of d3 a day! You can not I'd on it and I would suspect if your levels are low that amount will help keep them up....
You can buy them in 5,000 units at healthfood store or online divots only 2 pills a day! ;)
I feel so hopeful for you!!
Thanks ladies! I forgot to mention that he found a spot of endo on my diaphragm... isn't that crazy?? (Just added this to my post) How did it travel that far?? Unreal.
ReplyDeleteGreat news! He sounds like a wonderful doctor.
ReplyDeleteCrazy!!! They dont classify it like cancer for no reason! I had it on my colon too !
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe you had it that far! Thank God for these amazing doctors. I'm hopeful for you too :)
ReplyDeleteIt was sooo good to chat with you albeit briefly. I am hopeful for you too!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for surgery! It really does work! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great news!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteOK I may be behind here, but it sounds like you have...A DIAGNOSIS! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteG, this sounds amazing! (Still following from VT!) So hope-filled for a future conception for you - of course I'm hope-filled regardless, as you are such a beacon of His Light and we know His Plans are good! How awesome to get some detailed answers and thorough medical attention. Seems so rare for so many practioners today. Happy almost mother's day - and little T's bday - can't believe he's almost 1!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you, but way more than that, I am incredibly hopeful for you.
ReplyDeleteNot sure why, but reading this, I had an overwhelming sense of positivity and hopeful expectations.
I am SOO excited over here!!
ReplyDeleteI was on vitamin D also when i conceived ... it turns out there is a link bn vitamin D deficiency and infertility, if I recall correctly. You are on a great protocol it sounds like!! I am just so hopeful right now for you!!!! I cannot even believe you had stage 3 endo. Crazy!
As I read this, I found myself nodding...your experience and impression of Dr. S sounds so familiar. As does the findings of your surgery with him. He's so good, so thorough, so humble about it all.
ReplyDeleteI can't speak highly enough of hCG...that stuff is a miracle drug. Never conceived on it BUT it made me feel better than I ever had in my life. Seriously, I was like, "So this is what it's like to have a normal level of hormones!"
Very hopeful for you!