(1) Thankfully I'm feeling much better, almost back to 100%. Although I keep telling myself that I can't workout because I'm still recovering. Ha ha... hopefully that changes soon.
I don't have any pain, but I do have these weird sensations once in awhile in my pelvic area. I'm sure that it has something to do with everything healing internally. The only lingering side effect is that my incisions are SUPER itchy!! Does anyone else remember this happening? I am trying my hardest to leave them alone, but it's driving me crazy. Last night I took some Benadryl before going to bed, so hopefully that helps.
(2) Our dear friends are coming to stay with us tonight from New York - including our sweet Godson Charlie. I'm so excited to see them! We haven't seen Charlie since last July and I know so much has changed with him. They are moving to Germany next month for a year and a half, so it will be nice to have some quality time with them.
(3) I'm starting to stress about the show I'm directing. I feel like we are behind and my students are not working as hard as I'd like. But my husband reminded me last night that I say the same thing every year. They always rally as the performance date gets closer, but I wish they'd do it sooner! Ah, the joys of working with middle schoolers.
(4) I'm really looking forward to my post-op appointment with Dr. S. He always spends a lot of time with his patients, so I know he will take his time explaining everything to me. I'm mostly curious to hear about the spot of endo he left untouched (because of where it was located) and to hear his treatment plan for me.
(5) We are still planning to move forward with Homestudy #2 but the paperwork has been sitting on our desk for awhile. I want to get moving with the process but I just haven't tackled it yet.
(6) Lately Tommy has been getting the giggles right before bedtime (and naptime) and it's been so cute! I know I shouldn't encourage him - and get him wound up - but I just can't help it. When he's really silly he has a big belly laugh and I just can't resist tickling him.
(7) Here are a few pics from my parents visit. They were such a huge help while I was recovering!
Reading with Grandma

We were dying to go outside so we made it to the park once. Notice how bundled up everyone is? It was freezing!

Out to lunch
With Grandma and Grandpa
I'm glad you're recovering!!! I enjoyed the pictures. Your parents look so nice! Abigail laughs a lot when she's tired, too- and it is a real mixed bag! How can you resist?! :)
ReplyDeleteSpring is beautiful! Hopefully it will warm up soon!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are not in pain. My incisions itched pretty bad from 1-2 weeks post surgery then they got better. my dr said to use hydrocortizone cream and it helped a lot.
Bella giggles hysterically at night we get her ready for bed. It is like she becomes hyper with both of her parents attention! It kinda delays bedtime because it is so fun to spend time as a family of 3 laughing our heads off!!
Glad you're feeling better! I can't believe how big T is getting. Hopefully we can see you all soon :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your parents! It's funny how we've seen them a couple of times, despite them living across the country, and you guys living a couple hours from us. Your pictures are great and I'm glad you had a good visit. Your mom is such a sweetheart!!
Glad you are on the up and up. T is adorable and what a blessing to have your parents there. Hugs to you all!
ReplyDeleteAh, I just WUV him!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE babies in pajamas. I would have both kids wear pajamas all day, every day, everywhere we go if people wouldn't call CPS on me.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing beter. Yes! I remember this~ Sometimes it still itches~ Maybe you are mildly allergic to the adhesive on the steri-stripes that were applied?
ReplyDeleteYour pics are adorable~
Glad you are feeling better and Tommy looks so happy with his grandparents!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are on the mend, and I love those photos!! wow!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with homestudy number 2 :)
ReplyDeleteHow much fun is a giggly baby? I remember my niece at about that age, she was a riot and laughed all the time it was so precious!
I didn't have a lap, but had a c section like surgery to remove several pounds of fibroids and the incision ITCHED LIKE CRAZY!!
You and your mama have the same beautiful smile!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your on the mend. Someone told me that itchiness is a sign of healing, so maybe it's good that you're itchy!!!!
Glad you're feeling better! (and yes, my stitches were itchy too!)
ReplyDeleteThose pics are adorable. That kid's eyes...wow. Can't get enough! :)