(1) I have been seriously tempted to title all of my recent posts "busy" or "catching up" or something along those lines. That's how I've been feeling lately, and that means my blogging gets left behind.
(2) Unfortunately I haven't been as faithful as I'd like to my Lenten promises. Having my parents in town for two weeks and having my surgery definitely threw me for a loop - not that it's a good excuse - but it made it harder for me to keep a daily routine/schedule. I am really hoping to make this a good Holy Week. I will be singing for all the Triduum services and the music always helps me enter into the true meaning of these days.
(3) My husband and I have been reminiscing about our pilgrimage to Lourdes and Rome during Holy Week last year. We still can't believe it's been a year since that amazing trip. I can't thank the Lord enough for the graces we received during that time.
(4) The big news in our house last week was that Tommy (FINALLY!) got his first tooth! Our cute little toothless-wonder is now a one-tooth-wonder! Although it looks like more teeth will soon be joining the first one. Thankfully he hasn't seemed too bothered by it, so I hope and pray that continues.
(5) Tommy doesn't wear shoes very often... so the other day when I put these on he was pretty confused. He kept trying to get them off. It was pretty funny.

(6) We finally put up a baby gate around our stairs this weekend. He has been crawling for awhile but he is really starting to move around and it was getting too hard to keep him away from the stairs. Because our house is a split level we have two 1/2 flights of stairs right next to each other - one going up and one going down. It's a wide area and we needed a huge gate to cover it. It's going to take some time to get used to it. So far Tommy is fasinated by it and has been really checking it out. He looks like he's stuck in jail when he holds onto the bars and looks through them.

(7) I got my haircut last week - a lot! - and not many people noticed. I think it's because my stylist straightened it, so most people thought my hair looked different because it was straight, not because it was shorter. Also I've been wearing it up almost 100% of the time, so no one really knew how long it had gotten. I was WAY overdue for a cut and definitely ready for a change. I'm really happy with how it looks - both straight and curly.

(8) I truly can't believe that our little guy will turn ONE YEAR OLD next month! May is an insanely busy month with my play and my husbands parent's coming to visit - so we're planning a simple little celebration for his birthday with a few friends. I can't wait to see him try to eat his cake!
Love the new hair G!!!! The photo with Tommy in "jail" is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks gorgeous! Love it!
ReplyDeleteHaha, love the baby gate pic. Adorable :)
Love the update!! Crazy that Tommy is going to be one soon. Bella is not far behind...
ReplyDeleteLove the hair!!!! I can't believe he just got his first tooth! Wow!!! It changes their look, huh? I was kind of sad when Abigail got her first two last month!
ReplyDeleteLike the haircut.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I really did enjoy the posts about your pilgrimage. I loved all the places you went and your descriptions of them.
Beautiful haircut! Oh and I was wondering what gate you got. We're in the process of finding one and yours looks like the one I've been eyeing.
ReplyDeleteI'm just a lurker, but I've got to say that your little Tommy is the cutest baby EVER with his huge blue eyes and sweet grin! I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteyou are so cute!!! and so is Tommy!!!!
ReplyDeleteps - this is random :) but I really like the paint color on the wall right behind you! the one with the crucifix! :)
ReplyDeletesuper cute haircut and even cuter mini jailee!! I love to see a baby boy in keds like shoes, my nephew just got some like that in khaki, I love em, reminds me of my sweet baby brother at that age.
ReplyDeleteLove your hair! And Tommy is getting so big...such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLove love love the hair cut! You are so blessed to have the option of going either curly or straight. Two totally different looks, both of which are stunning.
ReplyDeleteTommy is just so so handsome. Seriously...he's got those eyes that are going to make feminine hearts flutter.
Love the pic of you, you look amaazing! C was a slow teether too and for the most part I was grateful there was time in between etc and they didn't bother him too much. now, at 2.5 he is getting his last four (all at once this time!) and miserable! At least he can tell me now. Great pics!
ReplyDelete