(1) My mom is in town and she's been a huge help to me. Our back to school meetings have been all week, so she's been spending a lot of time with Tommy. She needed a Tommy fix, so it was perfect timing for her to spend some time with us and help watch him. He continues to grow and change so much, I know my mom has really enjoyed seeing what he's up to these days.
(2) In addition to all my school meetings this week, I had an appointment with Dr. S yesterday in Pennsylvania. I spent the morning at school, drove home and picked up my mom and Tommy and we hit the road for my 2:20pm appointment. I always prefer having a morning appointment - first thing if possible - since Dr. S can get really backed up. But thankfully he was having a good day and I got in pretty quickly.
I continue to feel really good about working with him. Obviously I had hoped to conceive by now (I am five months post-surgery) but I take comfort knowing that I am in good hands and I am confident in his treatment plan. After looking at my charts and reviewing my bloodwork, he suggested that I continue with the HCG injections post-peak. Dr. S also suggested a follicular ultrasound series to see if my ovulation is healthy, if that is something that interests me. I live too far away to have it done in his office (he's two hours away) and I have to see if a local lab/clinic can follow his protocol. At this point I'm not sure if I'll do it or not. I'll see Dr. S again in four months.
(3) We had an earthquake here on Monday - it was such a strange experience, even though I'm a California girl! The DC area is not known as a place that usually has earthquakes, but we actually had one last summer also. What's the deal? This one was bigger and happened in the middle of the afternoon. My mom, Tommy and I were spending the day in Annapolis. We were in an ice cream shop when the earthquake hit and our first thought was that a ship had run into the harbor (since we were right on the water.) We took our ice cream outside and the street was quickly full of people from the other shops/restaurants. Everyone was trying to figure out what had happened and many people, including me, had no cell phone service. My mom was able to call my dad back in CA and he gave us some of the details about the earthquake - but I couldn't reach my husband for awhile.
We were standing outside the ice cream shop when the police arrived and told us to move to the other side of the street. The chimney above the restaurant next door had suffered damage and they were afraid that it would fall. Of course I quickly snapped a picture... can you see the cracked chimney?
When we got back to my house we noticed a few things had fallen off shelves and some pictures were crooked. But before all the earthquake excitement we had a fun day exploring Annapolis.
Gorgeous day on the water
Yummy seafood lunch
Tommy was in heaven at the Flag House (not pictured here are all the flags!)
(4) As if an earthquake weren't enough, we are now preparing for a hurricane. It's unclear how strong the storm will be in our area but we are trying to be prepared for all the possibilities. Most likely we will lose power, which is such a pain! We are pretty well-stocked with the essentials - water, batteries, food, etc. Hopefully it's not too bad.
(5) Tommy and I went to the county fair last week. He absolutely loved seeing the animals and of course the people-watching was fun too. It was fun to spend a couple of hours there and I know it will be even more fun as he gets older.
We met this horse named Water
Checking out those horns...
Moo!
Notice the camels in the background
(6) We have been trying to enjoy what summer days are left. Tommy had fun playing with his friend Luke at the park last week.
(7) That being said, I am sooooo looking forward to fall. I think I've blogged about this every year at this time, but fall is definitely my favorite season. I am dreaming about cooler weather, fall decorations, making tasty fall foods, the fresh start of a new school year, and of course football!
I was just thinking last night how
ReplyDeletelong it had been since you blogged!! Glad to bear you ate ok from the
Earthquake! Stay safe with the hurricane coming, or act like your southern and throw a hurricane party!:)
You guys have been getting some crazy weather where you are! I hope that the hurricaneb bypasses you!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the start of the school year. Are you back full-time?
Fall can't get here soon enough!!! Y'all be careful. I hope the power isn't gone long!
ReplyDeleteCrazy earthquake! My SIL, BIL and their kids live up there and said it was the oddest thing! Glad to hear there was no damage for yall though.
ReplyDeleteAnd can I just say-Tommy's eyes are so beautiful!! He's such a handsome little guy!!
Not looking forward to this weekend either! Hope neither of us gets much weather.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you :).
I was in an earthquake in California once and it was pretty surreal. Your son is such a beautiful little boy. He has such a sweet face.
ReplyDeleteAdorable pictures of Tommy enjoying the summer. I am so ready for fall too :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you all stayed safe during the earthquake, so strange to hear about one up there!
allie