
I love this statue of the Holy Family

I lit a candle for my prayer buddy at the chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes (the one way at the bottom left.)

Some books that looked good, and I didn't want to forget the titles. :)
Saturday night my hubby and I had a date night. We had a babysitter lined up, but hadn't decided what we were going to do. I was so excited when he told me that he found tickets for that night's performance of Handel's Messiah at the Kennedy Center (another special place because it's where we got engaged!) It was so wonderful to get dressed up and enjoy the gorgeous music. The entire text of this famous work is from Scripture and I was blown away to think that it has been performed every year since it was written.
Inside the beautiful concert hall.

On the rooftop, where we got engaged over seven years ago - you can see the monuments behind us. (sorry for the bad quality, it was with my phone.)

Things are so busy and crazy this time of year. I am grateful for such a lovely day to stop and reflect on the true meaning of the season. I will teach my last class this morning, and tonight we fly to California for Christmas!
I used to go to the Kennedy Center alone when I lived there...Gosh, love that place. :) Used to drive an hour to the Shrine every Sunday for Mass too....I could get lost in that place. I love being a lone there. What a great day!! I'm really jealous. Handels Messiah, my fav! Ahhh!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect weekend! Have a safe journey to California!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the update!
ReplyDeleteI went to the Kennedy center for a ballet with my mom and sisters a few years ago, right after Thanksgiving. It was so much fun!
So cool! I never made it to the Shrine when I lived in Va and regret it now! I miss DC so much! Hope to get back there one day when the kids don't have to be carried or pushed around in a stroller:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! My hubby is from DC and I'm ashamed to say I've never even been to the Shrine!! Or Kennedy Center! What a great day!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great day. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shrine. Glad to hear you got a little much needed alone time.
ReplyDeleteSounds lovely! Have a wonderful Christmas! Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Hope you have a blessed Christmas.
ReplyDeleteOh ... Handel's Messiah? I love the music!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you could get away and also that you're flying somewhere warm for Christmas! Merry Christmas and travel safe!
I'm so happy that you got tickets to see Handel's Messiah at the KC. That was one show I wanted to see so badly this year, but this just wasn't our year. The kids and I spent the day at the Shrine the other week--I'm shocked that I've never yet run into you there since we both live so close. Someday, we'll have to meet there and let the kids run amok. ;)
ReplyDelete