Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blogging? What's that?

I can't seem to find the time - or make the time - to blog these days.  But at the moment both kiddos are still napping.  And since the kitchen is clean and I even made a batch of pumpkin muffins (I just love the mix from Trader Joes) I will quickly attempt to post!  

I couldn't resist making the muffins since they are so yummy and we've had a couple of nice fall days around here.  Although it was 46 degrees when I woke up this morning - brrr! 

Things are going well in our home.  We are settling into our new normal now that the school year has begun.  I am still teaching on Monday and Wednesday mornings (from 8:30 - 10:15.)  And this year Tommy goes to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday (from 9:00 - 1:00.)  Yesterday was his first day and I'm happy to report it went really well! 





My husband took the day off from work so that he could be there for drop off and pick up.  I tried asking a million different ways, but I still couldn't get him to tell me what they did.  I found a lot of sand in his shoes, so he must have played in the sandbox and he had paint on both arms, so they must have painted!  :)  So far I really like the school and I hope tomorrow goes as well as Tuesday did. 

Molly continues to have physical therapy once a week.  Right now she's going on Tuesdays - so I can take her when Tommy is in school.  She is doing really well, and honestly might not need it any more.  But we really like the PT we are working with and she decided we should continue at least until Molly is walking.  She is cruising and walking a ton when we hold her hands, but not independently yet.  The PT suggested getting supportive shoes and possibly orthotic inserts, so we'll see if that helps her! 

Both kiddos are also going to music class once a week (the same one we did last year.)  Our friend who watches the kids is taking them on Wednesdays while I'm teaching.  The only "un-scheduled" day of the week is Friday - so hopefully we can keep that day free for errands, relaxing and getting together with friends. 

Let's see...  what other updates can I give you? 

My mom spent last week with us since my hubby was gone.  I'm so grateful for her help!  I was able to get a lot of things done (like go to the dentist for the first time since Molly was born.)  I know that she enjoyed all the quality time with her grandkids as well. 

Just a few days before she arrived, Molly and I snuck off to California for a quick weekend trip.  We threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law.  It was a lot of work, but we had fun doing it and I think everyone had a great time at the shower!  Thankfully the guest of honor was able to attend because the very next day she was put on bedrest.  Please keep my SIL and the baby in your prayers. 

I will leave you with a few pictures from the shower...

My sister in law at the sweets table.



I ordered these darling cookies online and I'm so happy with how they turned out!

8 comments:

  1. We love out PT too, even though Anthony doesn't technically still need it. He recently got orthotic inserts for his feet and they made a huge difference in his balance! He's close to walking now so our PT days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so big and handsome! Glad his first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted! I was missing updates from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used Salsa Sweets!!! Your kiddos are adorable and so blessed to have you as their mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. N looks so pretty and so do you! So happy for them. Awesome cookies! And Tommy, oh goodness, he's such a sweetie - saw him on fb already but the 3 yo boy communication is so funny. As a mom I was just ITCHING to know what his world was like at school! (I realized that self discipline was probably good training for the future - I still have to catch myself sometimes, though he is much more talkative now.) MISS YOU! <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Love this post! It was an ah-mazing shower and everyone had a great time!! How did Tommy do at school today? I was worried, sometimes day 2 is harder than day 1 for the lil guys. Hope it went smoothly!! Love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small children in big backpacks kill me every time! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shower looks awesome! I love the colors of everything and the cookies are adorable. And I think it's so funny how you go on a "quick" little weekend trip to CA ;) You are quite the frequent flier!

    ReplyDelete