Well, I'm not really sure where to start... I've sat down to start this blog a couple of times but I haven't known exactly what to say. I typed up my infertility history, so I guess that is a good start to introducing myself!
What it really comes down to is that until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea there was such an online community out there of women who are trying to conceive. I have been struggling on this difficult road and to make it worse I really have felt alone. Don't get me wrong, my husband is amazing and he is truly my partner in every way! But I think a lot of you will agree with me that this experience is very different for women than it is for men. (Duh! Isn't that always the case?) As with all things in life, I need the support and encouragement of my girlfriends to get through this. Praise God, I am blessed with a loving family and wonderful friends and they have provided as much support as possible to me. But unless someone has walked - or is currently walking - this road, they really just don't understand. I have found tremendous amounts of support and encouragement from all these other infertility blogs. More than anything, I have found validation for all my emotions/feelings and that is a true gift. As I've been reflecting on this it hit me that so often we don't really want or need a solution to our problems, we just want to be heard, to be validated and to be understood. Don't get me wrong, I am praying DAILY for healing and a solution to my problems! But I didn't realize how much consolation I would receive from finding a community of support - even though it's "just" an online community.
The name and Scripture passage of my blog has always been one of my favorites. I first came across it on a retreat during college and it really struck me at that time. I was in a period of transition and I had fears about the future... "Where was I going? What plans did God have for my life? Who was I going to become?" It's amazing how these questions still plague me today, athough the circumstances are very different. This passage has popped up at various times in my life and each time it gives me the consolation that God is in charge, that He has a plan, and that He always wants my good. It's funny as I look back on the other struggles or challenges in my life... they seem so trivial now. It seems silly that I was so worried about those things. So in a small way, it brings me comfort that hopefully one day I will be able to look back at this time in my life and have similar thoughts. Only God knows...
Thanks for reading my new blog!
Welcome on board, it is wonderful to know that such community exist. I didn't realise this until a few weeks ago and I have been so encouraged and blessed by the many stories on line.
ReplyDeleteI pray that your heart desires will be met as you wait on the lord.