Sunday, September 28, 2008

Recent Blessings

I've been aware of many recent blessings in my life - both big and small. In a way it feels as if I've turned a corner spiritually. It all started with an article that my priest friend, Fr. R, sent me titled "The Spirituality of Infertility." I was overwhelmed with comfort, encouragement and support. Honestly for the first time I felt that my feelings were validated and that I wasn't alone on this journey - that someone else was dealing with the same feelings and emotions. The author gave a beautiful and at the same time practical description of what it's like to walk this road. Here is the link if you're interested - http://www.hli.org/infertility

The next consolation I received was at my last doctor's appointment. I had been feeling quite frustrated with my treatment "plan" - or lack thereof. But I wasn't sure if it was just me being impatient or if I really should be looking around for other help. It had been awhile since my last appointment (May - September) and it had been a long stretch of wait-and-see. I was taking the Femara and Chrysin and waiting to see if it would have any effect. My last appointment was full of hope for me - my hormones DID show a change and my doctor decided it was time to schedule the laparoscopy to check for endometriosis. It had been so long (at least in my eyes) without anything concrete happening that I had started to despair. Of course in my eyes, there is just one sign of success. Granted, I freely admit that I must be one of THE most impatient people ever! All that being said, it was a very hopeful appointment. It also happened to be the first time that my hubby came with me and that was really helpful. I was glad that he got to hear from the doctor directly... sometimes I wonder if I accurately translate everything when I come home from my appointments.

Next in the line-up of blessings is all of your blogs that I have come across! It totally was Providence that I just happened to come across them. I needed to re-order my Creighton charts and since this was the first time I needed to re-order, I wasn't sure if I had to go through my instructor or if I could just purchase them online. So I was doing a search for the charts and I came across www.catholicinfertility.org and links to other blogs. I have felt overwhelmed, again, with support, encouragement and comfort. I cannot express how much it means to me to read your stories. Somehow, you are helping me carry this cross.

Last but not least I reconnected with a friend of mine, J. She recently returned to the area after spending a year with the Daughters of St. Paul. She thought God was calling her to the religious life but she discerned that this was not her call. We both find ourselves in a much different place than we had anticipated... we both are struggling to understand God's will... and we are both struggling to remain faithful in the way we know we should. So we decided to form a women's prayer group. I am so excited! I have definitely feel the need to be fed more spiritually and this is a great start.

I think it's so important to realize the many blessings in my life and to be grateful for all that I have. Obviously this is what I should always do... but particularly now when I can get so down. God is good and I am truly blessed in many ways. I am grateful today for all these gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is such a blessing when you feel you've turned a corner spiritually? It just makes bearing this cross a little easier. And your women's prayer group sounds wonderful! I wish I was closer :)

    And also, congrats on starting this blog. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete