


It was fun to make a big breakfast for my hubby and me... I was inspired to have a little Valentines fun with the pancakes. 

Today we are starting a novena to Our Lady of Lourdes leading up to her feast day on February 11th. I am getting more and more excited about our upcoming trip to Lourdes and Rome. We will be offering this novena for a safe and holy pilgrimmage, and of course that God's will be done in our lives regarding children. I will also be praying for my dear friend L - her due date is on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes!
I am including a prayer here if you'd like to join us in the novena:
Prayer For Those Seeking To Conceive A Child
Mother of Christ, you were graced by God with the privilege of bearing our Divine Savior. You experienced all the joys and challenges of being a parent. Your life was blessed with seeing Jesus grow from infancy and childhood, into his adult years of teaching and ministry. With St. Joseph, you created a home for your family to love and share together.
Please intercede before the God of all life that we may conceive a baby and raise healthy children, with whom we can share the Lord's good gifts.
May our children honor us and you by lives of virtue and caring for others. May our home be holy and our family be blessed with health, happiness and abiding love.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us. Amen.
Happy Snow Day! Hope you enjoy the day off. Glad you got your thyroid results. I don't really know much about thyroid, so I am no help in interpreting. But definitely get a copy to bring with you to Dr. S so you can get a second opinion. I'm impressed with you heart-shaped pancakes!
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your Snow Day! Definitely get a second opinion from Dr. S on the thyroid levels. I'm so excited for you (and a little bit jealous) that you get to go to Lourdes and Rome.
ReplyDeleteI love snow days with my hubby too! We got snow yesterday too but not as much as you...not enough for a snow day. You are very good with taking pictures..I'm not too talanted in that area. Love the pancakes..perfect for the upcoming Valen.tines day. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful snow pictures! I love winter. And breakfast looks amazing!!! Makes me hungry :) Oh, and I'm going to look at my thyroid test and compare. I'll get back to you.
ReplyDeleteLove the pancakes - so cute :).
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a snow day! We didn't, boo! We did get to spend an hour trying to get out of our driveway though (who am I kidding? I didn't do anything - DH spent an hour shoveling...poor dear).
I love it all, the breakfast, the snowy pictures, and the prayer!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful day spending time at home with your husband!
I'm so jealous!!!!! We didn't have any snow days last year and it looks like we won't have any this year!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to love Lourdes! If you're traveling by train you'll be able to see the beautiful cathedral from the station. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it!
I love a good snow day and we got two this week. Today we went in on a delay and will again tomorrow. Then it's supposed to snow again on Friday.
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures.
Did your hubby stay home? Tell him he's a punk! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the novena. I've printed it out to start tonight.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures of the snow and pancakes.
Ah, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only ex-Californian who takes pictures of the snow!! :) Mmm, those pancakes look delicious.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, may we give you intentions when you go to Lourdes?
What a great novena! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to say it for you :)
ReplyDeleteAnd about the thyroid results... I told you she'd say it was perfect! Definitely see what Dr. S thinks.
Thank you for posting this prayer, I just started a Novena with the c.atholic fe.rtility yah.oo group, too, but ours is not specifically a prayer of conception. I will add yours at the end of my daily prayer for added "oomph!"
ReplyDeleteGorgeous snow!
oooh... i wish i'd found the novena in time to start it with you!! i'll just be a few days behind :)
ReplyDeletealso, was reading this and thought of you...
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/offbeat/100205-Next-Tiger-USC-Recruits-13-Year-Old
hope you enjoy the snow days you have to come!