Seriously it's been a crazy, crazy week. I have many posts swirling around in my mind (about our special house guest during the March for Life, the crazy thunder-snowstorm on Wednesday, and losing power - and heat! - for two days, etc.)
But, the big news is that we finalized Tommy's adoption on Friday! He is (officially and legally) forever our son!! And the fact that our assigned courtdate also happened to be the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas is like icing on the cake. I look forward to celebrating this day every year as a family!
Here we are waiting in the courtroom to be called back to the judge's chambers.

With the judge. (Pay no attention to my tear-streaked face.)

I wasn't prepared for how emotional that moment would be. I really didn't think much about it ahead of time because in my mind this day was just a formality. Tommy has been our son since day one and watching a judge sign the adoption decree didn't seem like a big deal.
But as I listened to him read aloud the words that Thomas Joseph is now legally and irrevocably our son, I completely lost it. My husband had tears in his eyes and even the judge's clerk was teary-eyed as she snapped our picture.
The judge couldn't have been nicer. He asked to hold Tommy and even took a picture of the three of us. He gave Tommy a teddy bear before we left which I thought was so sweet! We had a celebratory lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and we couldn't stop smiling all day.
Thank you Lord.
praise God! congrats to all!
ReplyDeleteThe tears in your eyes are giving me tears in mine! This is so, so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI think your teary eyes make the picture perfect! Tears of joy. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is SOOOO exciting! God is so good!
ReplyDeleteSo perfect!!!! Ahhh!!!
ReplyDeleteAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
ReplyDelete<3
Congratulations to your entire beautiful family.
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.
Oh, I'm so happy for you! I got tears in my eyes reading this! Praise the Lord (for the finalization, not my tears lol)!
ReplyDeleteOh Congratulations! I was there for my sister's finalization for her 2 older children. When the judge stated, "it will be as if these children were born to you," we all pretty much started bawling our eyes out. I am sure it will be the same for us when our adoption of Ella is finalized. There's just something amazing and wonderful about hearing those words even though you have known it for awhile in your hearts!
ReplyDeleteTommy is absolutely beautiful! I know that might not be the most masculine adjective, but it is absolutely true! So happy for your little family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! Congrats!
ReplyDeletetears of joy for you and your forever family!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you all day Friday and wondering how things were went! Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled for you all! I agree about how emotional the court room scene is/was. I wasn't prepared for it--and I think you're tear-streamed face just translates how your heart was so full and bursting at that moment.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! :)
ReplyDeleteCrying tears of joy for you!!!! Congrats again to your family!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! So happy for your family!!!
ReplyDeleteI got tears in my eyes reading this..so happy for you- I hope to one day be in your shoes!
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine why you are the proud estatic owner of that tear streaked face, what wonderful news you are sharing. I am sure you can breath deeply now and celebrate largely. Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI got teary eyed just reading this! CONGRATULATIONS! God is so GREAT!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWith our finalization a couple weeks away, I can feel your anticipation, excitement and tears!!!! I am SO happy for you and your family. You're DONE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, so, so, so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!! :)
ReplyDeleteTears of joy and happiness over here for you all!!! Praise be to God for Tommy being your son.
ReplyDeleteYAAAAY!!! Congratulations!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! Congratulations!! :)
ReplyDeleteGosh, I'm tearing up too! What a wonderful story to share and I thank you for posting this on your blog.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I am tearing up, too!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am so happy for you guys! I have been so bad about keeping up with blogging recently, but when I saw your post in my blog roll I had to hop over. Got a chance to read a few posts back. I'm so glad T's insurance changed and you can get in to see Dr. S and have surgery. Tommy is so beautiful - I love his eyes!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I cried a little when I read this. Soooooo happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me smile and brought a few tears to my eyes. Congratulations to your family!
ReplyDeleteWith love,
Pat, Julie, and Catie D.
Praise the Lord!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, and many blessings to your permanent family. :)
Oh how wonderful! Congratulations. You're such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteum i totally teared up too. i am so so happy for you guys! congratulations! xo
ReplyDeleteI have tears just reading this! So happy for your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I'm so happy for you and your family!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!! congratulations!!!!
ReplyDelete