Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Still Here

Wow. I have just had the busiest two weeks of my life. I feel like I have lost all track of time. (It's still May, right?) I haven't been on the blogs or Face.book or email hardly at all - that's when you know things are bad!

I've mostly been consumed with the play I directed - Aladdin, Jr - which thankfully was a hit! The two weeks before the production are total chaos with long and late rehearsals. In the mix of that was Mother's Day (my first!), a visit with Tommy's birthmother (which went really well) and Tommy's first birthday and his Thomas the Train party.

My husband's parents came into town a few days before the show, so it was great to have some extra hands to help with Tommy. And I'm also glad they were able to see the play. We decided to take a little road trip while they were visiting, so I had one day to recover from Aladdin and get shopping/packing done for our little trip. (Meaning that I ended up missing my dear friend's party - so sorry L!)

During this same time I was giving myself HCG injections for the first time. For the most part it went really well and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Although I'm pretty sure I did the first one incorrectly. I gave myself the shot in the upper leg and it hurt so badly for about two days! I ended up using the abdomen area for the remaining injections. My cycle lasted 31 days which is a record for me, but of course my new cycle started the day of our road trip. :)

Also during this time Tommy learned to climb stairs, got two more teeth, had his first haircut and both of us got a 24-hour stomach bug again, yuck.

Whew. It does not look like things will be slowing down anytime soon - Tommy and I are leaving town again on Saturday for a week. And this morning is Tommy's one year doctor appointment - I'm curious to hear what the pediatrician is going to say and see how much he weighs. He's cutting his fifth tooth right now, so unfortunately he's had a couple of fussy days and he's been super clingy to me.

Here are a few pictures of all our recent adventures:

Mother's Day at a winery



Tommy's first haircut

Tommy turns one - May 12, 2011


Thomas the Train Birthday Party



Painting trains


My sweet friend H and her family just happened to be in town from Indiana during Tommy's party - it was so wonderful to see them!



Road Trip to PA




Famous "Fallingwater" House


With Grandma and Grandpa

7 comments:

  1. happy birthday little guy! and i love to see a mama rockin' that Ergo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Happy first mothers day, it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back. happy birthday to your cutiepie!! love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update and the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've been having fun! Happy birthday to the little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been busy! So great to read an update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you spent Mother's Day at a winery! We went to a wine tasting when Jack was ONE WEEK old! I was clearly in withdrawal. One guy commented, "Aww...baby's first wine tasting!" It was funny! :)

    ReplyDelete