Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blogger Friends

We took a little drive on Saturday to visit some blogger friends. It was so lovely to see them and catch up. As always, I wish that we could get together more often.

I am blessed to have many wonderful friends in my life, but there is something very special about connecting with other Catholic infertile adoptive moms. (CIAM?? I don't think that's very catchy...)

It was so fun to watch the kids play together. Although it wasn't easy to have a coherent conversation with four kids age two and under running around. But I could help but think that this was exactly what we had been praying for all those years...




This was from Summer 2010


And this one from October 2009 at my 30th birthday party - little did we know what would happen in the next year

D - we miss you!!

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! What a journey for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special bond. My mom had a best friend with a daughter (who was also adopted like me) and we were friends for life. Having them in my family made me feel special about being adopted and oh, so, loved. So, not only is it good for you gals, but, believe me, your kiddos will thank you, too.

    So sweet. Yes, what a difference a year makes. Thanks for posting the pictures. And, I LOVE your smile. You have the BEST SMILE in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love!!!! Blogger friendships are the best. I can truly say that some of my blogger friends, whom I have NEVER met, are some of my closest friends. Can't get any better than that... unless we had that blogger town we keep talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE seeing you all with babies/toddlers in your arms! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! It was so wonderful to see you! :) I love my bloggy ladies and I'm so thankful for our friendships! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had so much fun! Thanks for coming! I love our photos through the years. Hopefully our families will all keep growing and it'll only get harder and harder to wrangle our many children in future pics!:) And just like you said, our get-togethers now might be crazy, loud and not without the occasional tantrum but that is EXACTLY how we wanted it!

    And I love what Little JoAnn said. I'm so thankful C will have friends who are also adopted. And I'm glad to hear from someone who was adopted herself that it is important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember that first pic with all the babes but didn't know you! I was peeking at K's blog! How awesome!


    And yeah, you need a catch name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man!!!! This post made me smile! Then wanna cry ... because I'm so far away.

    What beautiful babies. What answers to prayer!! I just realized that I am still wearing that $15 Target white fleece from the year 2009! Its so yuck now! Oh my, are times that tough? Its going in the trash asap!!!

    I miss you guys too ... soo much. Hugs and kisses to all you girls and the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it awesome when we can meet our bloggy friends in real life! I love it. Sometimes I can't believe I've made such close friends through the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CIAM, haha! These pictures make my heart smile and give me such hope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. G, I loved reading this. I've had a few moments lately where *still* being single feels just so...heavy, and I wonder if I will ever meet the right person. To see these pictures - to see the way God has worked and continues to work and bring these blessings - was really what I needed to read yesterday when this came up on my feed. Grateful for your beautiful witness.

    ReplyDelete