Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Agency

Yesterday I mailed in our paperwork (plus a big check) to a new adoption agency.  It feels good to be moving in a new direction!  We will still be working with our current agency, but they suggested we branch out since things have been slow. 

It's been a stressful couple of weeks trying to make these decisions.  Since May we have heard about 4 potential birthmother situations.  The first three felt like a long-shot: facilitators had contacted our social worker looking for more profiles to show their clients.  We of course sent ours along, but had no idea how many others were sent. 

The fourth situation that we heard about seemed like a much more realistic possibility.  It was closer to home and the birthmother would only be viewing our profile.  (Her agency contacted our agency because they didn't have any profiles that matched her requirements.)  For about two weeks it seemed that this might actually happen, but she decided to place her child with a relative. 

I continue to hope and pray that the right child will find us at the right time.  Even though it's not easy to wait or to ride these ups and downs, I know that the Lord has a plan for our lives. 

Other than that we don't have too much going on over here.  Tommy is taking AquaTots swim lessons (with me!) and we're also taking a great music class.  The weather has been so hot that it's hard to play outdoors unless we go to the pool. 

Of course he's waking up from his nap as I try to post this... so I will have to write more later!  :)

10 comments:

  1. It is great to be moving in a new direction! Praying that this step speeds up the process and you bring your baby home soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new agency!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope this new agency helps you find your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, this sounds really promising! Still praying...always praying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that this is the key to getting Tommy a sibling SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers that this new agency helps you and your baby find each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the new agency! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited for you and the new agency! I hope you will get more views and opportunities to find your little baby. You remain in my prayers for a situation to work out for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making the decison and getting all the paperwork taken care of. I'm sorry that your agency has been so slow and that you have been on a roller coaster ride recently with all the potential situations. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Love that little boy of yours!

    ReplyDelete