Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spontaneous

Last week I took a spontaneous trip to California with Tommy.  I had been thinking about it for a little while but hadn't said anything to my husband.  On Thursday afternoon I called him at work and I know I caught him completely off guard!  That night I booked our flights (thanks to my parents who helped with Tommy's ticket - I can't believe we have to start paying for his seat now!)  We left just a few days later on Monday morning and stayed until Saturday morning.  I'm so grateful that my husband is so supportive, despite my crazy ideas. He is so good to me.

Even though it was a short trip, I'm so glad I went.  After a month of ups and downs with our adoption situation it was good to get away.  We aren't traveling as much as we usually do this summer.  Plus I had been feeling a little stir crazy after being stuck in the house with the instense heat around here.

My parents just finished months of renovations on their backyard and we spent most of our time there in the pool. Tommy is my parents only grandchild and I know they cherish every second with him. I was glad to have some quality time with my brother and sister-in-law since they have had so much going on with their recent miscarriage and buying a new house. I also had some girl time with my BFF and her three sweet girls, although we didn't take any pictures!  Probably because we were either talking or chasing the kids.  It was nice to be home.

Fun times on the beach.


Lunch at Bruxie - everyone at home has been talking about this place and I finally got to experience it.  Everything is made with their delicious waffles!



We went to the park every morning - it's so lovely that the mornings and evenings are cool.

Swimming!


Helping Grandpa sweep

At the Angels game with my brother and sister-in-law.  Go Halos!


4 comments:

  1. What a fun getaway! It sounds like your trip was a much needed recharge. I really miss California summers- hot days, but cool nights. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to go to CA! Miss you! Let's catch up sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete