Saturday, September 22, 2012

New Reality

This week was our first glimpse of what this new reality will be like in our home.  I'm happy to say that it was a good week!  Hopefully we will continue adjusting and settling into this new normal.

My parents left after a wonderful visit and I went back to work.  Last Sunday night was the kickoff party for the high school youth group at church and I was really happy with how it turned out.  We had a good group that included all four grade levels, which hasn't happened in a long time.  I really hope they continue coming all year long!

I will be teaching Monday and Wednesday mornings from 8:30-10:15, the same schedule as last year.  Our dear friend (Dot Dot) who has watched Tommy for the last two years will be watching both kids.  She does this out of the kindness of her heart and I am so grateful for this special relationship we have formed.  What started out as a "volunteer" job for her has turned into a very close bond between our two families.  I will never be able to repay her for all she has given our family, but I know that she truly loves my kids and enjoys all the time she spends with them. 

I know this year will be a bit more stressful for me trying to manage my part-time jobs with two kids, but for now I feel good about everything.  The one thing I have given up is singing for Mass.  Between cantoring, singing with the choir and rehearsals it was just too much time.  Especially since it's precious weekend time for our family of four to be together.  I'm really looking forward to attending Mass as a family (or at least having more flexibility if we don't bring both kids!)  The parish where I sing has a children's Mass and I think Tommy will soon be old enough to participate in the children's liturgy (they leave before the First Reading and return right before Communion.)

Molly continue to grow, change and overall do really well.  She turned one month old on September 20 and I'm curious what her weight will be at her appointment on Wednesday.  She seems much better on her new formula although she still is very gassy and has times where she's irritable and uncomfortable.  She's not having many spit-ups, but I'm concerned that it might be a form of reflux.  I'm going to wait and see what the pediatrician says this week. 

Tommy is slowly adjusting to his role as big brother and having a baby sister.  He's getting better at playing independantly and allowing me to feed Molly her bottles.  He is still having a few sleep issues, but I think it's all to be expected after the crazy month we have had.

My hubby's co-workers threw him a surprise shower this week which was so sweet!  Also, he is participating in a fellowship and unfortunately it required him to be gone overnight last night.  Despite the bad timing, I'm proud of myself that everything went ok during my first night alone.  One thing I haven't done yet is leave the house with both kids.  Not sure how to do that yet since we don't have a double stroller.  Any advice on double strollers??

Since both kids are napping right now I'm trying to run around and get a few things accomplished.  I've been pretty bad at blogging and returning emails, and I'm so behind on thank-you cards!  Although I'm sure people understand.  It's going to take me a little while to figure out how I will get everything done.

Here are a few pictures from our week...




 


 
 
 




6 comments:

  1. I don't have a double stroller either.....I put B in the ergo and hold H hand.

    Or I just keep B in her seat. the only time I see us "needing" a double stroller is if we go to the zoo but we won't be going in the winter, so I haven't bothered buying one. I'm waiting until I actually see a need for one.

    M is so pretty!

    Sometimes it is worth the mess to keep them happy if only for a few minutes?! LOL I so get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was me a year ago, I think we are finally getting the hang of 2! I needed the double stroller because mine are 15 months apart. I don't use it much these days but will start again when the twins come in 4 weeks!
    Molly is so cute! I would make your own formula with raw milk! It did wonders for Isaiah and his reflux

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are your kids?!?!?!? :-). Love them both! M is so pretty and then there's Tommy's blue eyes ... Wow! Gorgeous!!! So cute M's smile in her car seat and T getting into the box with the packing chips. :-). So VERY happy for you that you have your kiddos and for the new normal you are figuring out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PINK HAIR BOW PIC!!! :D SO CUTE!

    Your mom looks absolutely THRILLED.

    You are doing great!!!

    xo,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is soooo cute! And I love the Tommy-in-the-box. :)

    ReplyDelete