2. Yesterday I made it to Mass at my parish with both kids for the first time by myself. I was expecting the usual 9:00am daily Mass crowd, but it turned out that the entire school was attending. It was really sweet to see the all of the students - especially since the 4th grade class was dressed in saints costumes and did all of the readings. Unfortunately Mass was much longer than I expected. I figured I could handle 30-40 minutes with two kids, but this Mass lasted over an hour. Thankfully Molly slept in my arms as I chased Tommy around. Just when I thought it was over the priest interviewed every student who was dressed in costume about their saint's life story. I was exhausted when I got home. :)
3. Thankfully Hurricane Sandy didn't hit our area as badly as expected and we didn't lose power. This seems like a miracle to me considering how often we lose power during other storms. My husband was off of work for two days since the federal government was closed and even the metro was closed for two days. Unfortunately my hubby's parents had to cancel their trip. I know they are so sad to reschedule their visit because they are dying to meet Molly and now will have to wait until Christmas.
4. We ended up canceling most of our Halloween plans because of the storms, so Tommy didn't go trick-or-treating this year. Thankfully he is too young to know the difference, although I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to it. :( He went last year and had so much fun, even though he didn't really understand what he was doing. Here are some pics of the kids in their costumes:
5. One week from today my brother and sister-in-law will be here and I'm so excited! They are coming for Molly's Baptism and my brother is going to be her Godfather. I'm so grateful they are traveling all the way from California for this special occasion - especially since they can only stay for a long weekend. It will be so wonderful to introduce Molly and spend some time with them.
6. I'm very excited about Molly's Baptism as well. I can't believe it's just a week away! We are having a small reception afterwards at a restaurant near by. I'm working on some cute favors and a few simple decorations. It will be so wonderful to celebrate our sweet little girl on her special day.
7. I'm so glad it's Friday. We have been doing pizza/movie night every Friday since we got married and I still love it. Happy Friday everyone!




Lots of updates!!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so cute in their costumes!
Many Blessings on Molly's baptism this weekend!
What a fun Friday tradition. One that you can do even after kids...since you don't have to leave the house if you don't want to.
I love both costumes! Little Molly is so cute as a lady bug! I love seeing all the little baby costumes - darling!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived Mass with two by yourself! I can't wait to see Baptism pictures soon! Yay for Molly!
What a cutie she is in her ladybug costume! Elizabeth was a ladybug as well. I like the Superman as well! Mass with both kids? You are brave and I am glad to hear it went great. Elizabeth is now in the "dive-bombing" stage and she did it a couple of times yesterday when I was holding her and also she did it with my FIL. You know - when you are holding them upright and then they all of sudden twist and try to go head first to anything that catches their attention? I am sure it was a bit entertaining to the people around us! If I had a toddler to chase too, oh well, that would just add to the chaos of it all. But then again, I am just so grateful to bring a little one to Mass and I know you are too, so it is all good! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYay for Molly's Baptism! Post pictures ASAP! :-D
ReplyDeleteWe do pizza and movie Fridays too! What are you watching tonight? We're watching Xmen 2. :)
Glad y'all are okay! That's a very cute little lady and superman!
ReplyDeleteCannot wait for Molly's Baptism! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteThe fourth graders at were dressed up as saints at our mass too! It was a long one and George woke up in the middle! Phew! It was my first solo mass with a baby!
Love the Halloween costume! Too cute!!
ohmigosh is Molly's baptism next weekend? so is Rita's! and up in Maryland too! We're having it at St Pius in Bowie (where I grew up, was married, etc)
ReplyDeletetoo funny!
So much happiness in this post! I love that you have a Friday night pizza/movie night. What a wonderful tradition.
ReplyDeleteI've been to those Masses before when you think it's going to be short and it ends up really, really long. Way to hang in there with 2 kiddos!
ReplyDeleteMass is definitely tough with a toddler - add a newborn in there, and wow, you are pretty tough, haha! Love those cuties in their costumes :).
ReplyDeleteFound your blog on clover lane. Love the mass story:) I've had a paint chip taped to my living room wall in the same green you have for about two weeks but was unsure I'd like it. And I saw your wall and love it!:) thanks for the wall inspiration!
ReplyDelete