Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Court Date!

We got some great news today...  our court date has been set for finalization!  On November 15 Molly will officially be ours forever.  We don't even have to travel to Indiana, we will simply speak to the judge on a conference call. 

We are still in shock.  It tooks eight months to finalize Tommy's adoption, and that was without having any legal concerns.  I had no idea it was possible to finalize this quickly (thank you Indiana!)  And thankfully the potential issues with the birthfather did not become a reality. 

You know me and saint feast days...  so I checked out the saint of the day for November 15 - it's St. Albert the Great.  He is known for being the teacher of St. Thomas Aquinas - whose feast day is January 28 - the day of Tommy's finalization date!  I love these little connections.  :)

Thank you Lord for the incredible gift of our sweet baby girl.

17 comments:

  1. AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!! So happy for you guys, what a relief! Celebration time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that the potential problems did not become a bigger issue! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!! And I love that feast day connection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord! Am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearty Congratulations! That's wonderful news to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That.Is.Awesome!!!!!!! I love the feast day connection too! Yay for Molly and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic!!!!!!!! But don't you think you should do this in person, in Indiana?????? Just sayin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! A forever family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the feast day connections too!! How awesome!! Go Hoosiers! Indiana is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so so awesome! I remember getting a little choked up when I was going into labor with Juliana, realizing it was the feast of Philip & James (not sure if she'd actually be born that day - she was) - Philip is the friend who goes to get Nathanael in the Gospel of John and says "we've found the Messiah!" -Praise Him for the ways He weaves our families into His masterpiece of Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news! You guys took a step out in faith and I'm so glad that it looks like everything is going to go through without issues. Continuing the prayers!

    ReplyDelete