My hubby took the day off and we went out to lunch and then the movies. It was soooo wonderful! It was a gorgeous fall day and we enjoyed strolling around outside before the movie began. I wore a jacket that I haven't worn since last fall and found this in my pocket:
I laughed so hard! I think Tommy planted it to make sure we didn't forget him.
I got this beautiful necklace for my birthday gift and I love it so much! It has Tommy and Molly's names and their birthstones. How did my hubby know EXACTLY what I wanted?? :) :) :)
2. We continue to move closer towards finalizing Molly 's adoption. Our attorney filed more paperwork this week with the court that needs to clear before finalizing. It feels good to be moving forward. Molly must know it because she has been smiling a ton this week!
3. I went to a Preschool Fair this week - eek! It was a little overwhelming because I'm just starting to learn about the schools in our area. Thinking about all this leads to more questions regarding money, work, moving, more children, etc. But of course there is no reason to go crazy thinking about the future. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. In the next few months I'm hoping to visit some of the schools and find the right fit for us. I would love for Tommy to go 2-3 mornings a week starting in the fall. Which means he will need to be potty trained by them. Ugh, I'm so not ready for that. 4. So apparently a huge storm is coming to the East Coast in just a few days. They are calling it "Frankenstorm." I'm so not excited about this - especially since we have house guests arriving on Tuesday evening and Halloween is on Wednesday. I'm heading to the store today to stock up on some essentials since I'm pretty sure we will lose power. :(
5. Just one block from our house is an area of undeveloped land that has a trail and a stream running through it. Tommy is obssessed with playing there and asks everyday to go to the "wooded area." (I called it that once and the name stuck.) I've been a few times with both kids, but I love when I can go with just Tommy. He loves to explore the trees, logs, leaves, rocks, etc and I'm so grateful it's a short/easy walk. A group of deer live back there and we see them walking around almost every time.
He would sit on this log all day if I let him. :)
6. Tommy is slowly but surely growing into his role as big brother. He tries to play with Molly once in awhile and mimics how we talk "baby talk" to her in his version of a high pitched squeaky voice. Soooo sweet.
7. I'm so excited for all the upcoming holidays, especially as Tommy gets older and can understand more. I would love to hear some of your favorite family traditions - Halloween, All Saints Day, Thanksgiving, Advent, St. Nicholas, Christmas, etc. I have read so many posts and ideas over the years but haven't written them down.
Will you please share with me? What are your favorite family traditions or good ideas you've heard from others?
what a sweet family you have, G!!! This is your "Jesus" year!
ReplyDeleteI will pray it's a blessed one!
Wooded areas, baby smiles and siblings "playing" together; what a great bunch of QT's! :) And happy birthday a little late!
ReplyDeleteAsk GIMH, she's like the Martha Stewart of the blogs!! I love her ideas!
ReplyDeleteYour family is so beautiful.
They are just adorable - and Happy Birthday! What a wonderful day it is, celebrating as a mom. :)
ReplyDeleteFavorite family tradition as a kid - putting straw in the manger for baby Jesus when we did something helpful around the house before Christmas. I loved that. And baking cookies. :)
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures of your kiddos! Super cute of them playing together.
We are just starting to make family traditions for holidays too, so I will be reading your reader comments for ideas!
Birthday celebrations as a mom are simply the best? Happy belated Birthday! I love that necklace by the way. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteLOVE!
ReplyDeleteAll Saints day is a must! I started these with a dear family friend when our daughters were babies. It has grown to include a couple of other families. There is nothing more fun then dressing up your babies as saints.
Look at those smiles!!!
ReplyDelete