Saturday, October 13, 2012

Novena to Blessed John Paul II

You may remember when I posted this last year, but the feast day of Blessed John Paul II is October 22 - my birthday!  I am praying a novena starting tomorrow that will end on his feast day.  I'm posting it below in case you'd like to join me.  Please feel free to leave your intentions as well, I would love to pray for you.



O Blessed Trinity, we thank you for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit to shine through him.

Trusting fully in your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and the way of achieving eternal communion with you.

Grant us, by his intercession, and according to your will the graces we implore, especially for [state your intention] . . . we ask this, in the hope that he will soon be numbered among your saints, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to try to do this novena for Isaiah (whose baptism day is OCT 22) who is in need of prayers right now for developmental testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! That's my sister's birthday, too! Three of us sisters feel called to marriage and one is not yet sure, but I'll be praying that all four of us are able to fulfill the vocations that we are called to. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I LOVE the prayer, every single word of it :)

      Delete