Thursday, December 20, 2012

Catching My Breath

It's been a non-stop whirlwind for our family for awhile now - at least since early November - hence my lack of posting. So many wonderful things going on, including holiday preparations, but it's been exhausting. We flew to Nebraska yesterday to spend Christmas with my hubby's family and I feel like I can finally catch my breath.

We switched our flights to earlier in the day because of the big snow storm that was coming through in the afternoon/night. I'm so thankful it all worked out. It was pretty stressful on Tuesday night trying to figure it all out. We woke up at 3:00am on Wed to catch the 6:25am flight from DC through Minneapolis to Omaha. Our first flight was delayed by 40 minutes and we missed our connection, but thankfully we made it on the next flight and beat the storm. They were calling for blizzard conditions because of the high winds and it was really blowing through the night while we slept. It's sooo cold here - barely got to 20 degrees today and it won't get out of the twenties during the next seven days while we are here. It's forecasted to be 12 degrees on Christmas Day! Brr!

I'm hoping to rest, relax, and enjoy these days leading up to Christmas. Here are the kids Christmas pictures I had taken two weeks ago.





6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! We will be flying into DC on Saturday. Enjoy your time in NE. I am glad you arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'm glad the traveling all worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how she smiles! They're both so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those pics are adorable! Your children are adorable!!!! Merry Chrismtas! Relax these next few days if you can:)

    ReplyDelete