Monday, September 29, 2008
Hypochondriac?
So I think I'm turning into a bit of a hypochondriac. Ever since hearing that my next step is to have a laparoscopy to look for/treat endometriosis, I can't stop analyzing my body to figure out if I have it or not. Currently I am on Day 23 and for the past couple of weeks it seems that I have been having some mild, throbbing pain. It's not quite cramping. Honestly, I don't have any of the major symptoms of it... the only reason my doctor has scheduled this surgery is because everything else has checked out! And now that my hormones seem to be more normal, this is pretty much the only "problem" left to solve. As you can imagine, part of me really wishes that I have it because it would explain so much and presumably it would be an easy fix. I know that many of you out there have been treated for this... do you know of anyone that was "cured" so to speak after have the endo removed? Just curious. I know that usually with infertility there is a combination of problems. I'd appreciate any advice that you have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have heard of many success stories (although I, unfortunately, am not one of them!). If I remember correctly, Beth from babypack.blogspot.com got pregnant after a surgery for endo (she's pregnant with her second now). I also met a woman who volunteers at the St. Gianna shrine in PA who got pregnant after surgery for endo, twice (that's a great shrine to visit, by the way).
ReplyDeleteAs for symptoms, you could have endo yet have no symptoms, but you may also have some cramping and yet not have it. I'm currently having a lot of cramping throughout my cycle, and I sure hope I don't have any in there! It just goes to show you never know for sure until the laparoscopy, which is why it's such an invaluable procedure.
Hello, I found your blog on All You Who Hope's blog. She is right about Beth Pack's success story - we are very good friends and she is now pregnant with number two after two lap surgeries to treat her endo.
ReplyDeleteI had a diagnostic laparoscopic surgery last December and they found stage 4 endometriosis. It was devastating since we are Catholic and had been trying to conceive for a year at the time. (but also a relief since this was finally an answer!). They removed the endometriosis and we tried for 9 more months with no success so we went back to our surgeons. I just had my second lap surgery last week and they found lots of adhesions (scar tissue) around my ovaries which explains why we haven't conceived yet. The good news: NO endometriosis anywhere. And I had stage 4 endo before. That is great news to me. They took down all the adhesions in an effort to free up the ovaries.
We are very hopeful now, and will begin trying this cycle! If you would like to follow my journey, please send me an email at: lifehopesnow@gmail.com and I will subscribe you to my blog.
God Bless you!