Friday, July 17, 2009

A Few Updates

I had another sonogram done today. The large follicle in my right ovary is still there and still growing. At first Dr. L thought it looked a bit misshapen and possibly had ruptured. Also she noticed some fluid around my cervix that would indicate I had ovulated. But after measuring the follicle she is not convinced that it has ruptured yet. My next appointment with her is Tuesday afternoon. While I would much prefer to see her sooner, Dr. L said that whatever she sees that day she will be able to tell if it has ruptured or not. So that's that. I'm not sure what (if anything) we will learn from this series, but I am hoping to see "normal" ovulation.

In other news, my mom's cousin passed away today. He was in his 60's and had Downs syndrome. My mom has been his legal guardian ever since his parents died about 20 years ago. She has devoted a lot of herself to his care over the years (in addition to caring for two other family members with special needs. My mom is amazing!) I know that she has many mixed emotions right now. Could you please pray for her and also for my uncle who lived with the cousin? He will now be searching for employment and a home.

After my doctor's appointment today I decided to swing by the adoration chapel for a quick visit. I haven't spent much time there lately and it was a perfect opportunity since I had some free time. Overall it was very nice, but unfortunately I was very distracted by a strange woman who was praying there. When I walked into the chapel there were three women praying. And of course it was quiet, because that's how adoration chapels are supposed to be, right??? A few minutes after I sat down the strange woman said very loudly, "That's a lie!" I was so shocked to hear her speak and so confused by what she said. She had turned her head, so I wasn't sure if she was speaking to one of the other women or just to herself. Some more time passed, and the two other women left. It became clear to me that they were not with the strange woman and that she had in fact been speaking to herself (or possibly to God.) After more time passes she stands up from where she is kneeling and speaks again saying, "What kind of Christian womans says..." at which point she sees me and says, "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am." She continues to walk around the small chapel. She goes back to where she was kneeling and sits quietly. After more time passes she says something else, which I can't really remember. Then she stands up and leaves the chapel through a side door, not the main door.

At this point I am SO completely distracted - not to mention a bit scared - by this woman. It was just the two of us, and I was honestly afraid that she might go a little crazy. Also I was worried about leaving Jesus alone. After she walked out of the room I was the only one there. This was an unscheduled visit, so it's not like I was on the schedule to be there. I realized that the woman was just outside of the side door looking through the window. So when I was finished praying I got up and left. Pretty strange, huh?

8 comments:

  1. hmmm, pretty strange. i love it that you felt so protective of the blessed sacrament! i wonder what was going on with her!

    i'm curious to see what you will find on tuesday. when i was doing my ultrasound series WAY back when we started napro (well, it was in april 2008, but it feels like ages ago) the ultrasound tech said she could tell that i had ovulated. too bad she couldn't see all of the other badness that was growing inside of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a woman at our church that basically lived in our adoration chapel. She unfortunately has passed from ovarian cancer...she was very sick but never took care of anything until it was too late. Maybe she thought Jesus would heal her in adoration but as we all know...Jesus works through others too and this woman needed a dr. So anyway,,,she was in the chapel one late night and someone tried to steal the monstrance. She stopped the man! Can you flippen believe that? She was in there protecting our Lord and she did a good job. God rest her soul. I've seen a few "odd" things while in the chapel but I figured the Lord would protect me. Geez...a few weeks ago my dh and I heard yelling on the school playground that continued for the hour we were there...dh called the police to check on that. I think that is so cool what the med prof's can see on those ultrasounds. I hope you get some good news or an answer on Tuesday! Many blessings to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good about the u/s. Still growing is always good!

    I can't believe your experience at the chapel! I wonder what the other half of that conversation sounded like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your loss. Please be assured of my prayers for your mom and family.

    Wow, that lady sounds like a real weirdo! I'm so glad you were safe.

    Sounds like your follicle is doing what it should be doing! I hope you get some answers on Tues.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep your family in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a weird experience . . . I hope that lady's OK! I'll pray for your family, too. Your mom sounds like an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry about your loss, G.
    I hope you all find strength in the Eucharist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That woman sounds a bit weird.

    I hope your Tuesday appointment is good and shows a normal ovulation.

    I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete