It's been a busy week! And I've been too tired (and lazy) to write an update here. I originally thought I wasn't going to be working at summer camp this week, and then it turned out that they needed me. Thankfully I've been able to leave for my sonogram appointments without too much trouble.
I had a sono done yesterday and one today. I've got another appointment scheduled for tomorrow and one for Tuesday, if it's needed. The goal is to watch me ovulate. Yesterday Dr. L saw one nicely developing follicle in my right ovary. She measured everything and said she wanted to see me the next day. I was in and out in just 15 minutes. (After taking about 45 minutes to get to the appointment!) Today she saw the same follicle and it had grown, which is good. She also noticed that my uterine lining was thicker today than yesterday, which also is a good sign. Hopefully tomorrow she will see that the follicle has ruptured or that it has gotten even bigger. The evidence of a problem would be if the same follicle is there without growing any bigger. That would mean that it didn't rupture or release the egg, and thus I didn't ovulate.
I think I said this the last time I had this done, but I am truly amazed at this technology. No wonder soon-to-be parents lose it when they get ultrasounds done of their growing babies. I am astounded that she can see into my ovaries and know exactly what is going on. Of course I'll be happy with good results that I am ovulating normally. But I'd also love to learn a new piece of the puzzle if possible to understand what the heck is going on.
My hubby and I are busy making the final preparations for our big trip to Yosemite. We've been planning this trip for over a year! It's so crowded and popular that you have to make lodge reservations one year in advance. We are going with both of our parents and my brother and his wife. Whew! Please pray that everything goes well! Our parents are staying in the lodge and we will be camping. We're looking forward to some exploring and seeing the beauty of this national park.
Congrats to Sew on the good news that she received this week!! I hope and pray that this is a sign of good things to come for all of us in the IF blog world. :)
Did you ask about HCG??????? I am totally freaking out about that follicle!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wishes, I hope this starts the curing for all of us.
Wow, that is so neat that you can see everything. Amazing! I can't wait to hear what happens. Grow follicle, grow! :)
ReplyDeleteYour upcoming trip sounds great! I think it is neat you guys go such interesting places. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Hope you get some good news tomorrow! That vacation sounds like fun to me too. Your brave for going camping. Gosh...the closest I come to camping is "Camp Hol.iday Inn" :). I grew up camping too. God Bless.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your family have a fantastic time camping. It sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI am like the others, I can't wait to hear how that follicle is growing. Do they measure it?
Come on follicle, grow and rupture! :)
Yay for a growing follicle! I think it's great that Dr. L is following you so closely this cycle.
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely in our prayers for a strong ovulation and a great vacation!
yay follie!!! it is absolutely amazing what you can see with a sonogram. i totally agree that i know why parents get so choked up when they see what they do with a sonogram!
ReplyDeletei'm so sorry that you've been so tired. i can't even imagine working during the summer after teaching for the entire year. i did it early in my career, but since we got married i've only considered doing it once (and didn't get the job).
your trip to yosemite sounds like a great time!