Today was my last appointment with Dr. L for my sonogram series. I am happy to report that she saw clear evidence of ovulation. The follicle was misshapen (no longer circular) and had a thicker lining. I saw the LH surge on Friday using an ovulation stick, so it seems pretty clear that I ovulated on Saturday.
As always, I have mixed feelings about it all. Obviously I'm very happy to have "good" results. I would not want to hear that I have actually not been ovulating. And yet, my first reaction is, "So what the heck is going on???" If everything looks good and normal why aren't we conceiving? In a way it gives me hope that we do have a chance of conceiving naturally. But my heart just can't go there. I have every reason to believe that I've been ovulating normally all along, so why should this cycle be any different?
It's hard to feel like I've been making progress, because really I'm only looking for ONE sign of progress. But it does seem that my hormones have been improving and that my cycle length and luteal phase are also seeming "normal." Dr. L suggested that I get bloodwork on peak+7 to get another look at what's going on. We'll be in California, but it shouldn't be a problem to get it done.
Yesterday my hubby and I finally sat down and filled out our application for the homestudy agency we're going to use. We've been dragging our feet a bit - in addition to being busy! Thankfully we completed and submitted it. I'm anxious to hear more details about the homestudy process. Once that is completed, we will decide which agency/agencies to list with.
I am glad things look good! I know what you mean, though -- I kind of want them to find ONE (only one, please) obvious, easy-to-fix thing that is clearly wrong, so it could be like AHA! That's the ticket! I would love to get together and talk about adoption too. My husband and i have just started our research in the past several months and been to one agency orientation here. I wonder if it is the same agency you listed as the more expensive of the ones you were considering? But I hope that follicle was your lucky one!
ReplyDeleteI think its a good thing bc, in my mind, its only a matter of time for you. Just keep doing your part and it will happen. I really believe this.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad that you got the application filled out! i find that sort of paperwork so daunting!
ReplyDeletei'm glad that your sonogram found good results. i agree with lh, it's going to happen for you!
I agree, too! This is good news, it is!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever had a lap? I learned some fascinating stuff at the FertilityCare annual meeting on endo and its causes/risk factors/ etc... forgive me, I couldn't remember if you already did this. But a NaPro lap could be very informative!
I think it's great that this series showed normal things happening, but I totally know how it is to hear that everything is fine and feel aimless because of it. I am just thankful that my RE had a different take on my progesterone level- I hope that your doctors might identify a sneaky problem that could be interfering with conception soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting the adoption paperwork filled out!
I'm glad that your ovulation was normal, but I understand just wanting to find the problem so it can be fixed.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you got your home study application turned in.
Yeah, what a weird feeling to know that you ovulated, but not know if that will result in a baby.
ReplyDeleteExciting about moving forward in the adoption process, though!!
I'm glad you were able to do the series and that is showed good results! I know what you mean about wanting to find something to fix though. The night before my lap I started getting really nervous that the doctor wouldn't find anything (but he did)! Congrats on getting your homestudy paperwork done. You are getting closer to holding your baby - one way or another it will happen!
ReplyDeleteThat is so frustrating! I am going to email you...
ReplyDelete