Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This 'n That

Where does the time go? The days continue to fly by... I can't believe it's September already! Even though it's still VERY hot here, it means that fall is close and cooler weather is on its way. I absolutely love the fall!

I'm excited that college football starts tomorrow. As I've blogged about in the past, my husband and I are huge fans. Especially since it's been a rough off-season for my team (ugh - scandal, coaching changes, NCAA sanctions, etc), I'm ready to move forward and start the new season. USC plays at Hawaii tomorrow night and I'm so jealous that my parents are there! Because of the time difference it doesn't start until 11pm EST. Eek! I'm seriously considering taking a nap as soon as my hubby gets home so that I can stay up for it. I haven't seen 11pm in a long time.

Here is a picture of Tommy in his first USC jersey (thanks Grandpa!)
We are heading to California in late September - Tommy's first airplane trip! There is a home game while we're there, so I hope it works out for me to go. I've been lucky to see a lot of USC games over the past couple of years, but they have all been away games. I haven't been to the Coliseum (the USC stadium) since before we were married. Believe it or not, I've been to the real Coliseum in Rome twice since I've been to the USC stadium. Crazy!

In other news, we had our second post-placement social worker visit yesterday. It feels good to move closer to finalization. We have one more visit left in addition to a class on adoption law. Once we hit 6 months (November 12) the paperwork can be filed and we will be assigned a court date soon after that. Then everything will be officially finalized... hooray!

Tommy continues to grow and change so much every day. He has really enjoyed this toy lately. He's getting pretty good at grabing it (and putting it in his mouth, of course!)
He also loves "reading" (aka chewing) his soft book.



Tommy received the cutest gift in the mail today from his Godmother (my sister-in-law.)

Even though he's a little young to go trick-or-treating this year, I'm still excited to find a cute costume. Any ideas??

16 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! He is getting cuter and cuter!! Look at that smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For costume ideas you could go with the football theme- Tommy is the ball, Troy is a cheerleader and you are the football player. Or you can Troy could both be players for your respective teams and fight over the "ball." He looks SO much bigger! Cannot wait to see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite kid costume is the chili pepper!! Someday if I have a kid that's what he or she will be for the first Halloween!!

    And, ahem, don't let Tommy forget that the first HUSKER game is this Saturday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. st. thomas aquinas, of course!

    he needs an all saints costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I often read books with my feet too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an adorable little baby boy. I remember inching closer to our 6 month mark...looking back, it came faster than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i find cute baby costumes on craigs li.st, like the really plus old navy ones that are only worn a few hrs. Charlie was the monkey last year even though we didn't go out. This year we are thinking cowboy...:) adorable pics! Happy college football, dh is so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's never too young to go trick or treating -- this is the best year to go cause you'll have full reign over his treats!! :) I vote for a little football player.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is getting SO big! What a cutie! I love the football gear and that pumpkin is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Costumes are so fun. The first year Baby Adorable was a worm because she wiggled and giggled so much as a baby. This year we are thinking doggie because she learned to woof like a doggie like nobody's business (and we really aren't around dogs much, but she sure likes them). I like the Pottery Barn for Kids catalog. They have a special Halloween edition. OH, and I showed your blog to my baby and she loves Tommy, loves, loves his picture. She almost says his name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the trick or treat basket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That face!
    Oh, he is just the smiliest baby ever!!

    :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw the game on I immediately thought of you!!!!

    Are you happy to not be going back to school?

    ReplyDelete