Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Has Arrived

Thank God, it finally feels like fall has arrived! After the hottest summer on record in DC and a very hot week in California (we were there for the hottest temps EVER recorded in LA - 114) I have been so ready for the cool, crisp fall days. I don't even mind the rain we had yesterday.

I love seeing the leaves on the ground (probably since I don't have to rake them - ha ha!) and pumpkins on every porch. It's fun to anticipate Halloween, Thanksgiving and even Christmas. I am excited for all of Tommy's "firsts" during these beautiful holidays and traditions.

Fall has always been my favorite season. Fall means college football, a new school year, my birthday, and I just LOVE the food, drinks and the fashions of fall. Even though you might catch me in flip-flops all year round, I just love wearing jeans, boots and sweaters. I am so excited to make some of my favorite recipes: Chicken Tortilla Soup, Pumpkin Rolls, Apple Crisp, Hot Apple Cidar, etc.

What is your favorite recipe? I would love some new ideas!

The fall is also the first time in many months that I have a reason to pull out new decorations for the house. I have been waiting all year to use these placemats - I got them at the after-Christmas sale at Crate and Barrel last year. :)


This weekend we will take Tommy to his first pumpkin patch! As many other bloggers have posted, there is something exciting about taking these quintessential pictures. The weather is supposed to be cool and sunny - hopefully a perfect day for our adventure. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see little T with the pumpkins! Have a wonderful time! And I love your place mats- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are so nice! Charlie is headed to his first pumpkin patch this weekend as well. I would love your pumpkin and crisp recipes. I have a taco soup one I will share that is like chili only better! Let me dig it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decorations! Have fun at the pumpkin patch...we're headed there too hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my go-to fall dish!!!! The fresh herbs really make it pop!! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted-Vegetables/Detail.aspx

    Your decorations look great! So festive! Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute placemats! Have a great time at the pumpkin patch :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table! I hope Tommy has fun at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete