We ended up leaving on Saturday morning because of all the crazy rain on Friday. After we arrived in the park and got our campsite we did a great hike. It was about 4 miles and we hiked along waterfalls and streams the entire way - it was so beautiful!
We spent the afternoon relaxing and reading at our campsite. We were distracted and entertained by all the deer that kept wandering around. There was even one baby fawn - so cute! We played cards, made dinner, had a campfire and enjoyed our time together.
Oh, and I also have to mention that we had fun people-watching. Camping provides some great opportunities for this - especially when the campsites are close together. The couple that was next to us was funny. They arrived late and were having trouble setting up their tent. I noticed at one point that they pulled out the directions. Oh yeah, and the wife was clearly pregnant. Neither of them were very small people, but the tent seemed very small to me. Once they set-up their tent and two chairs, they got into their car and drove away. I never saw them again that night! But while I was sleeping, I did hear their car arrive and leave again. In the morning, we saw them come back and get out wearing different clothes. They put away their tent and chairs and left. I am convinced that they went to dinner at the lodge and decided to sleep their instead of the tent. Too funny!
Anyways, on our way home on Sunday we stopped at a beautiful golf course and golfed 9 holes. I was so proud of myself! I wasn't fabulous by any means, but I was able to at least hit the ball in the right direction. :) And I enjoyed myself! I'm so glad that we have this hobby to share. My hubby is really patient with me and he's great at coaching me along.
In cycle news I'm on peak + 12 and I had my blood drawn this morning. I also had my blood drawn twice last week (peak +7 and peak +9) and both of these results were great. On peak +7 estradiol was 480 and progesterone was 27; and on peak +9 estradiol was 540 and progesterone was 27.9. I've been feeling some PMS symptoms so I'm sure my new cycle will start any day now. I am glad that I was able to get my blood drawn this morning and I'm curious to see what my levels were today. Especially if my new cycle does start tomorrow, I'm curious how drastically my levels dropped. Sometimes I get so caught up in getting these tests and finding out the results and other times I wonder, "What's the point?" I mean if we didn't conceive then what's the point of finding out these levels, ya know? I feel like I continue to get "good results" but no pregnancy. Ugh. So frustrating.
Today was my last full day of school - YAY! It's hard to believe that another school year is finished. Tomorrow is a half-day and Wednesday we just show up for Mass. I have a lot to get done before this week is over, but then summer will officially be here!
I'm really looking forward two special things this week. On Wednesday I have a meeting with the Director of Family Life for our diocese. I'm going to speak with him about my idea for an infertility support group. I know how helpful these groups have been for many of you, so I would love to start one for the DC area. He is very open to the idea and I would love the support of our diocese in terms of advertising with all the parishes. I can only imagine how many people out there are struggling with this alone.
And on Thursday I will be hanging out with AYWH and GIMH! I can't wait! Don't worry, I'm sure all three of us will post pictures. :)
I can't wait!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great time camping!
And I couldn't agree more about the blood test results. I get so caught up in waiting for the results but then sometimes I think, what is the point? Especially when I don't get the results until after the next cycle starts. I'm so anxious to get them but it totally doesn't matter at that point!
Wow, sounds like a great weekend!! The pictures are beautiful :) I'll be praying for you about the IF support group in DC!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are awesome. We're planning to go hiking in the Shenandoah for the first time next weekend (maybe camping will be next!). I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for posting the camping pics! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThe story of the camping neighbors was hilarious and had me laughing out loud.
I am not very familiar with estradiol numbers, but aren't those pretty good? Didn't you say that yours were low before?
Hmmm .... maybe it is self-correcting!
And yay for great progesterone levles!
i'm so jealous that you're almost done!!!!!
ReplyDeletegreat photos of your trip. i totally understand how a couple of days away make a load of difference!
Great pictures! Yeah for the end of the school year being here! Good luck with getting a group started.
ReplyDeleteWe are heading to DC at the end of this month and I am assuming you live somewhere close do you have any specific recommendations on places to see or restaurants. Thanks for any info
Those look like great estrongen numbers. I think they want to see over 100 or 200. Yeah, wasn't your estrogen low before? And you are P + 12! I mean that sounds great to me!
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful pictures! Enjoy your summer! How exciting