Today is my hubby's birthday! I am trying to celebrate him and make this day special, although he is a pretty low-key kinda guy. Actually, I have to hold myself back because he really prefers I don't go overboard.
Has anyone read the book "Love Languages"? We read it while we were engaged and it really helped me understand how different people give and receive love. What works for me doesn't always work for him, so I have to remember how my hubby most feels loved. I highly recommend the book if you've never read it!
Back to the birthday... the plan was to hit golf balls at the driving range tonight and then go to dinner. But since we knew it was supposed to be cold and rainy today we went golfing last night. Tonight we will get dinner and then pack for our weekend getaway.
We will continue the birthday celebration by camping this weekend. My hubby loves to camp, so we are going to Shenandoah National Park. It is so beautiful there and I think we will have great weather. I'm really looking forward to some time outdoors.
I am so thankful for my husband. He is such an amazing human being and a wonderful husband. I am truly lucky and blessed beyond belief to have him as my partner in life. He has been my rock during this difficult road of infertility. While this has not been easy for him either, he has been the one keeping me hopeful and faithful. Even though I long so badly for children and feel incomplete without them, our life together is wonderful. I am trying to treasure this time and enjoy our little family of two. My life is so much better with him in it. I honestly can't even imagine who I would be without him.
Honey, I love you with all my heart! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to your hubby!
ReplyDeleteTHat was a nice post about your hubby. I feel the same way. It's amazing how IF helps us to see all the blessings we do have in our lives and helps us to appreciate our spouses. We are on the IF journey together...he may not talk about it as much...but men feel it too. God bless our husbands! They are our rocks! Have a great time celebrating your DH's bday!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun celebrating your husband's birthday, my husband is the feels the same way about big celebrations. It is always fun to think of things he would enjoy doing on his birthday. We read the 5 Love Languages book about 1-2 years ago and it helped us both tremendously to know how to love one another in the way we each desire to be loved. Have a great camping weekend.
ReplyDeleteAmen for the thanksgiving for great husbands! Have a great time in the park!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. Happy birthday T!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your hubby! Hope you he has a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletea big happy birthday to your hubby!!!
ReplyDeletei hope that you guys have a great weekend away!
Your trip sounds awesome. I though 5LL was really helpful too - before I read that I thought my DH was from another planet, and now I realize he is and I try to work with it :).
ReplyDeleteWe love to camp, too!!
ReplyDeleteYour post brought a tear to my eye. Maybe I am PMS-ing but that was so sweet.
Have a great day! I am so glad the Lord brought you two together. He still has wonderful plans in store for you both, I have no doubt.
That was so cute! I hope you had a great dinner tonight and a wonderful weekend of camping! Yay for husbands!!!!
ReplyDelete