My hubby and I are trying to be productive and also enjoy our Saturday, because tomorrow is a super busy day for me. I'm singing for two Masses in the morning, I have to attend a meeting for the summer camp I'm working for, and then we've got youth group in the evening. Ugh. Sometimes I like being busy, but mostly I wish our weekends were a bit more relaxing. It's not always this way, but once in awhile it does get crazy.
I can't complain too much, we've had a nice day today. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, so we went to the driving range this morning. This is our third time out (since spring has arrived) and I'm glad that I'm getting a little better each time. I got golf clubs for my birthday last October and my hubby got new clubs this month for his birthday. It's fun to share this hobby and I'm hoping to golf an actual course sometime soon - until now I've only been to the driving range! We have some couple friends who golf, so it will be fun to go out with them.
I spoke to a fellow blogger on the phone today about adoption. She has adopted two kids and I was glad to get her perspective and advice. I'm still processing a lot of what she shared with me, so I will have to write more later. My husband and I still have a lot to think about and pray about before we decide which direction to go. Although I am so ready to get going with things, especially all the paperwork.
In cycle news I should be getting my bloodwork done this week. I'm curious to see what my crazy hormones are doing this month!
I started to golf a few years back and then stopped. I don't remember what happened! Maybe it was when I tried an actual course and had to pick my ball up because I was taking too long.. That could have been it! Hopefully you'll have better luck!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you got some adoption advice. I know I thought and prayed about adoption for years before starting it. It was always something holding us back - agencies didn't seem right, we weren't sure whether to do int'l or domestic, or else my heart wasn't in it. I always told myself that God would move me to begin the process when it was exactly the right timeframe for us to get OUR baby. The same is true for you!
I can't wait to see what your hormones are doing!
ReplyDeleteDriving range sounds like so much fun! How is the weather there? It has been gorgeous here all week! ZERO humidity!!!! It was 93 here today but it felt wonderful!
Have fun tomorrow!
we had the craziest weather today! it was sunny but a little cool, then all of a sudden the heavens opened and it started to pour rain, but if you looked one way it was blue skies and in the other direction it was bright and sunny! i shouldn't complain though because at least it's not freezing anymore!
ReplyDeletei'm the worst mini-putter in the world and i'm too scared to try real golf. the knights of columbus at my church are always trying to convince me to join their charity golf tournament but team sports stress me out!
i'm so glad that you had a great saturday! how many more days left for you?
Thanks for all your comments ladies!!
ReplyDeleteSew - it was 75 and not humid yesterday. So amazing! We hardly ever have that weather! It was perfect for golfing.
JB - this is my last full week of school. The following week I have a couple of 1/2 days and that's it. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I'm so ready for summer, although I will be working at a summer camp in addition to our travel plans. But it's always nice to have a change.
I'll be interested in hearing your reflections on adoption. I feel like even starting to get an idea about what information is out there is like trying to drink from the ocean. And most any little tidbit I do learn convinces me that the process is horrendous. Maybe following someone else's thought process will make it seem less overwhelming!
ReplyDeleteI am really interested to hear about what you learned from your friend with two adopted kids.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I just want the real stories behind adoption. Not the cheesy, every one is happy stuff that the agencies try to tell you, I want to go in with my eyes wide open so that I won't feel abnormal if/when I feel like my heart is not picture perfect inside.
I have been thinking a lot about how the birthmothers must feel through all of this. I recently got an email from a woman (friend of a friend) who placed her child for adoption (it was an open adoption) and who said she'd like to talk with me to give me her perspective on open adoption. I haven't had the courage to call her yet.
I will let you know how it goes when I do. In the meantime, I anxiously await your post on the friend who adopted two children.