Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recovering

Thankfully I spent yesterday (and probably today!) recovering from my show this week at school. It's amazing how exhausting it is, but as I've mentioned before it's a labor of love. I don't think the parents or students or teachers realize just how much work it takes to pull everything together. Like, for example, the fact that I was at school until 11pm cleaning up the stage and the cast party and everything else. That being said, it is so rewarding and satisfying to watch the production and realize just how far these kids have come. Their hard work paid off and I know that many of these students will continue to love drama and be involved with theater in high school and beyond. These are the moments when you realize that teachers do make a difference in the life of their students.

I'd love to post some pictures from the show, but I don't think it's a good idea to have pics of my students here. But I will show you all the beautiful flowers I received this week!

In terms of cycle news I'm on day 5 and I'm taking my new dosage level of Tamoxifen. Hopefully it will have an effect on my crazy hormones. I will be taking mucinex and cephalexin this cycle to help with my mucus. My doctor suggested taking it on cycle day 11 until peak. Although I generally peak around day 12-14. Any advice on this? Do you think I should begin taking it sooner? I'm tempted to start now.

This week we will attend an information meeting for adoption agency #3. We thought we were ready to go ahead with paperwork at this other agency, but I'm glad that I'm taking a little time to research all of our options. I hope to get a good feel for agency #3 because on paper they look like our best option. They are currently accepting couples into their domestic program, so ideally I'd like to work with them plus another agency in a different part of the country. We'll see how this goes. Either way we're ready to move forward with the homestudy process.

6 comments:

  1. i can totally understand being exhausted after school events! i didn't have a very eventful week but i slept almost all day yesterday and i took a three hour nap on friday!

    the end of the school year is as hard as the beginning, i wish everyone understood that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember my 9th grade teacher encouraging me in debate class! You do make a difference! :)

    My mother plays piano for the drama class and she works her butt off! :)

    That is great you had such a great time and that the hardwork is worth it! :)

    That is awesome about the adoption agency! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear your play was a success. Yeah! I am sure the students loved participating in it :) If you peak early then I would definitley start the mucus thinner stuff sooner than later, not just on CD11 on but sonner than that. Does that make sense? Hope this helps...My Dr. recommends me taking mucinex as early as CD 9, but there have been months I have started earlier than that.
    ~Amber
    P.s. the flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say starting Mucinex on CD 9 should be more than sufficient. You don't want to be on mucus enhancers for too extended of a time, and 5 or 6 days is the norm for the Rx'd ones (Amox, etc.)

    Awesome that your play went so well! I bet it rocked, with all the special effects and whatnot. I love Willy Wonka! :)

    Gorgeous flowers, btw! Wow, they really brighten up a room (and a mood, I bet)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your show! I'm so glad it was such a great success! The flowers you received are beautiful! :) Best wishes with adoption agency #3...praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the best memories I have from HS are from being involved in Drama! It is so awesome what you do...though I am sure I didn't appreciate my director at the time :)

    ReplyDelete