Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait! It's so sad how much I look forward to meeting with my doctor. Especially since often times nothing much is decided. I haven't seen her since February, so I want to discuss all of my cycles since and all my different hormone levels that were measured with the bloodwork each month.

Math is not my strong suit, so I'm not surprised that I was off with the timing of this appointment. When I made it a couple of weeks ago, I thought that I would be somewhere in the beginning of a new cycle. In reality tomorrow will be Day 21. Oops! Oh well, I have been trying to see my doctor for a couple of cycles now, so I don't care what day it is, I just want to meet with her.

I've got a list of questions that I'm planning to ask and discuss. Can you think of any others I should add?

-What do you think about my bloodwork?
-Why are my cycles still so short?
-Do you think the Tamoxifen and Prometrium are working? Should the dosage levels be changed?
-What else could possibly be causing our infertility?
-Would you ever consider using ultrasounds to watch my ovulation?
-Would you ever consider using HGC shots?
-Should my husband get tested again or for something else?
-What do you think about testing for the MTHFR or other blood disorders?
-Are there any pregnant women in this office who are looking for adoptive parents?

Whew! Dr. L doesn't realize what she's got coming at her 2:00 appointment tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

  1. Those are AWESOME questions and I can't wait to hear the answers!! Seriously, I have so many of the same questions.. like if they even do HCG shots there, the u/s, if my Tamoxifen dose could be raised or if that would even matter, and of course about the blood disorder. Be strong about that one! If you want a test and are willing to pay for it, she should let you!

    I will be on pins and needles waiting to hear what she says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great questions! i always go armed with a list when i see my napro doc and she's always very patient with my worries.

    i can't wait to hear what she has to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about loaded questions!! Your appt will be about 6 hrs long, lol!!

    I echo AYWH about the blood clotting tests... it's no skin off the Drs back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree- great questions! i hope that it's a productive appointment!!

    ReplyDelete