My hubby's boss has a cabin in Virginia about four hours drive from here. We helped him move into the place and he doesn't mind if we borrow it once in awhile. It was such a gift to go away! The weather was gorgeous - sunny on Saturday and a little cloudy, but still comfortable on Sunday. We spent our time reading, watching movies and just hanging out. The only time we left was for church on Sunday morning. His place is very secluded and it has a gorgeous view of the Allegeny mountains. We spent almost all our time on the back porch taking in the view. It's so nice to hear nothing but the wind blowing and the birds chirping. It made me realize that I need to do this more often. Even if it's just spending an afternoon in the park, it's so peaceful to get out of the city and commune with nature. (Sew - it's just like your tree!)
Here are a few pics from our weekend...
Beautiful pictures!!! I'm so glad you had such a relaxing time!!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful place!!!
ReplyDeletei'm glad that you've recharged! just a few more weeks left! yay!
That sounds wonderful and so relaxing. I'm hoping my dh and I can make it to my BIL's cabin this summer...just my dh and I, even for a night or two nights. It is so peaceful at his place. If not there, than somewhere to get away and unwind. I know I need it. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds awesome. And the view - beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome place! And you have the best smile :)
ReplyDeletegreat pictures and so very true some time away to relax is so nice!
ReplyDeleteNow I am even more jealous...
ReplyDelete