Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HCG shortage?

So I'm having trouble getting my HCG shot! Are there many different kinds? No pharmacies in the DC area have my prescription. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor's office to see if they can get it for me.

Anyone else have trouble getting their HCG shot?

11 comments:

  1. I get mine from Omaha bc when I was first prescribed the meds, they told me there was a shortage of this medication in the US. I hope you can get your Rx soon so you have it when you need it. I think that alot of people order it through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had problems getting it in May of last year. I can't believe there's still a storage. Have you checked with any compounding pharmacies? That's where I got mine last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The reason there's a shortage is that people are using it for weight loss or to counteract the effects of steroids. It makes me so angry that those are the reasons why. They need to save the HCG for infertiles and those with actual medical need. The shortage has been going on for over 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it's a nationwide thing...

    Try Freedom Pharmacy. They ship to anywhere in the US, and all the patients at my Dr's office get it there. (I don't have the # but I'm sure you can google it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand the whole "losing weight" thing on HCG. I took it and I didn't see any weight change. I agree..save it for the infertile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pharmacy often has to order it in for me so I usually have to order in a few days in advance. Other than that, I had no idea it was so hard to get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine came from Kubat's pharmacy in Omaha. http://www.kubatpharmacy.com/

    They are pretty fast in getting it out to people. Someone else mentioned trying a compounding pharmacy and I have used one in Annapolis - they will mail it to you. Not sure if they have HCG, I used it for progesterone. http://www.capeapothecary.com/

    If you don't have any luck, let me know because I have a whole package of it sitting here at my house that I probably won't need until October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always ordered mine from Kubat's in Omaha and they had no problem shipping to Amarillo, TX. They are so efficient too. Remember to always keep it cold. We left it out over night one cycle and I saw a drastic decrease in my numbers compared to other cycles.

    Oh, and being on it for almost a year, I never heard of any trouble getting it from them.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get mine from freedom pharmacy! Gosh your title sends fear through me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There has been an on-again-off-again shortage of HCG for as long as I've been taking it (8 years). Most local pharmacies will tell you it's on backorder, but you can usually still get it with no waits from Kubats and Freedom Pharmacy.

    FP happens to be the cheaper option for me since it's no longer covered by my insurance. ($47.50)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went through the same thing in my area. Mrs. Mike told me about free.dom phar.macy and it was so amazing to call them and have them say they could have it to me the next day (before 3 pm) no problem.

    ReplyDelete