My fabulous dinner last night was a perfect celebration of my blog-iversary! Well, really it had nothing to do with that... but I found the timing perfect! Sew was in town for her sister's Confirmation and it was a great chance for some of us to get together.
Seriously, you ladies are wonderful. I am so lucky that I've been able to meet so many of you in person. I said the same thing about the coffee-get-together last month, but it truly breaks my heart to look around the table and know that you are walking this same difficult road as me.
We went to a lovely restaurant and had some yummy dinner and drinks. (They even had a gluten-free menu for those who needed it!) Perhaps the funniest part of the night was when we were seated. As we were sitting down the waitress asked, "So ladies, are we celebrating anything special tonight?" We all just laughed out loud and no one responded right away. Finally the waitress said, "Just celebrating that it's Friday?" Um, yeah, something like that. :)
I could have stayed all night talking to these women... if it weren't for the pesky server making it obvious that we needed to leave! Of course we discussed infertility and faith. But I also found myself asking some basic questions like, "Now where do you live again? Where did you grow up?" It's amazing how deeply we know one another, and yet in some ways we don't. Our relationship to one another is very unique. Even if we don't know some of the basic facts, we do know what is in the depths of each other's hearts. We have a bond and a connection that is very deep.
Here is a picture of us. Thank you ladies for a fabulous evening!
Happy blog-versary! Great picture . . . you all look lovely.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogaversary! What a tremendous gift the blogs have been- thanks for all your love, support, prayers, and encouragement!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of you girls! I'm so glad you all had fun!
I stole the pic and added it to my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog-versay!!!! Great pic!
I had a great time!
It does suck that our infertility brings us togehther, but it is such powerful meetings! :) Makes IF a little easier!
I'm so glad that you girls had a great time! Thanks for sharing the photo!
ReplyDeleteThank God you started a blog!!! I'm so blessed to know you!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh my goodness... you are all just SO beautiful. I'm glad you updated... I've been wondering how your dinner was.
Praise God for you, G. You're wonderful!
What a wonderful evening it sounds like. And you're right, I always forget the essential info on others' backgrounds, upbringing, etc. But I feel like I know all of your SOULS intimately :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog-oversary, and thank you for sharing your journey with me and with many. You are a strong woman, and your blog has been an inspiration to me :) I also LOVE your smile... every picture of you that I see, you have that giant, happy smile and it lights up the whole picture!
I'm so glad that you girls were able to get together. It sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogoversary!
ReplyDeleteDinner last night was amazing. It is amazing to meet such wonderful women in person who are going through the same things as I am.
I had a great time, and after a long week it was truly refreshing :).
Happy blogiversary! Great meeting you finally in person. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are all so beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed! What a great pic!
Happy Blog-o-versary!!!
Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad we met through blogging. I hope you have a very happy blogging year ahead of you!
ReplyDelete