Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Cycle

Things have gotten pretty busy around here for me. Thankfully I survived the camping trip with my students. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I actually volunteered to go on the trip. I've done it for the past three years and I really don't mind it. My hubby and I love to camp and hike and do things outdoors. But of course it's always different when it involves sixty 5th and 6th graders! Overall everything went really well - considering that in years past we have had to send kids home because of injuries, fighting and homesickness. This year was pretty mellow. Our only trouble was the weather. It was pretty chilly and rainy. Unfortunately the worst weather was on our rafting day. It's not quite as exciting to jump in the river when it's 62 degrees and raining. But we did it and the kids had a blast. My shower on Friday night was so amazing after all that time outside.

Yesterday we had friends over to watch football. We had a great time with our friends, but both USC and Nebraska lost heart-breaking games. I can't really talk about it... we were both really bummed out. I did use my Nebraska-shaped cookie cutter, which I don't always have the opportunity to do. Here are the cookies I made!


To add to the disappointment I started a new cycle last night. Oh joy. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. I will call Dr. L tomorrow to see about my Tamoxifen prescription and to see about trying the HCG trigger shot since it didn't work out last time. I don't even know what to say anymore about my cycles. I almost feel numb. I don't really have any expectations and therefore I'm not surprised when I get my period. I guess it's a way to protect my heart - in a way I pretend that I don't really care, when obviously I do. It's depressing to realize how the time continues to fly by. There are things that I am looking forward to... my birthday party next month, we've already made our Thanksgiving and Christmas plans with family, our trip in the spring, etc. But it saddens me to think that most likely, our situation won't have changed at all. We are moving along with the adoption paperwork - just a few things left to complete. But that is also a disheartening subject considering the long expected wait.

I started a new book today on the Discernments of Spirits. So far it has been really good. I hope that I can stick with it and that it will help me. It's based on the writings of St. Ignatius of Loyola and the goal is to help you distinguish between what is from God and what is not. I definitely could use some help with that. I will keep you posted!

Oh, and last but not least this week is my one-year blog anniversary! I will have to think of something good for that post. I am so thankful for you all and you continue to be in my daily prayers.

12 comments:

  1. BLAST about the new cycle!!! What a bummer. I have discovered that since being under the care of my new RE, I have felt more optimistic than disappointed at cycle day 1, if that is even emotionally possible, because I know we have a plan to help us conceive!! Will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid AF!!!! I think it's so sad that when we get our periods that we just feel numb. It's amazing how we figure out how to cope with heartbreak month after month.

    Mr. JB was pretty sad about Nebraska losing last night. First he was so pumped because the game was actually on (we have a special sports package that he begged to get so he could watch all of his teams). He's going to love the Nebraska shaped cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart for volunteering to take all those children on a camping trip...sounds like an adventure. I know what you mean about AF's arrival...it is all about protecting one's heart. SOunds like you have some great positive happenings coming up for you to look forward too. That in itself is such a blessing! Maybe the meds will give you the hope you are looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the new cycle. I hope that the upcoming things help even though they can also remind us of how time is going by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the new cycle :(.

    Hopefully, dinner Friday will take your mind off of things for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you said the worst thing about your trip was going to be no showers, I was thinking what about all the middle schoolers?!? That sounds like a crazy trip, but I'm glad you had fun with it. Sorry your day was so disappointing on Saturday. Hopefully the next round of football and cycling will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog anniversary!! At least USC is still in the top 10. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you take them camping?

    I know it was probably a lot of planning, hard work, and maybe a little stress even, but I bet each of those kids will look back on that camping trip as the highlight of their year!! They will always remember you,G, and how you loved them enough to take them camping.

    I am also thoroughly impressed that you jumped in the water in such chilly weather!! Now that's true love!!!

    I understand those feelings of sadness and frustration and having a hard time looking forward to the future. It is times like these when IF can get the best of me ...

    I promise to pray for you, for the rest of your adoption paperwork, and for your decisions regarding which agency, etc. to go with and when.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1 Yr Anniversary :) I have no interest in football unless the Giants are in the SuperBowl... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know that Matt Barkley (USC's amazing new quarterback) was adopted at birth, and then his mom gave birth to fraternal twins (a boy and a girl) two years later. Adopting is often the answer :-)

    Love, Aunt Fisch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo about the new cycle!!!! BOOOO!

    Can't wait for dinner Friday!!!

    That camping trip was a labor of love! Those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a brave soul taking on camping! i'm very impressed!

    sorry to hear about AF... at least it wasn't during the camping trip, not like the arrival at any time is great, but you know what i mean.

    but.. hooray for football season!! i LOVE the cookies...too stinking cute.
    the state of texas may have been a better shape, but i digress... :)

    ReplyDelete