Whew, life has gotten busy again. I can't believe I haven't posted in a week. The spring is always busy for me and our weather promises that spring is very close. It's supposed to get up to 70 for the next couple of days - I love it!
I also haven't been online as much lately. Between giving up Facebook for Lent and checking email on my phone, I'm generally not on the computer at all in the evenings. It's been nice! Especially since my hubby and I have been very dedicated to our Lenten prayers and consecration. It ends up being a bit time-consuming after dinner, but I have really enjoyed this special time together. It has been a GREAT way to prepare for our pilgrimage - which is just one week away! :)
My time at school has been completely swamped with preparations for the spring musical. This year I chose "Beauty and the Beast." I'm really excited! My students always seem to rise to the challenge and I love sharing my passion for musical theater with them. Our shows have been pretty good the past couple of years, so the students are excited when it's their turn to be in the cast.
This week I'm also preparing for the 6th Grade Seder Supper. It's a tradition that I started three years ago and it's a great way to tie in their studies of the Old Testament. I'm trying to get everything ready since I will miss two days of school leading up to spring break. I have to write my repord cards, get sub plans lined up and make sure that I'm ready for my first day back to school. (Our flight returns at 7pm and I have school the next morning.)
I have been processing my appointment with Dr. S for the past week. Overall I feel really good about everything and I look forward to the results from the hormone panel. (I will have it done in April once we return from our trip.) It looks like I might be able to sign-up for health insurance through my school during open enrollment in July. If this all works out then I could plan the laparoscopy and selective HSG for the early fall.
The Magnificat had some nice reflections this week, but I don't have the time to write much. I will leave you with a few quotes from Tuesdays reflection by Bro. Lawrence of the Resurrection.
I will not ask God to deliver you from your trials, but I will ask him earnestly to give you the patience and strength needed to suffer as long as he desires. Find consolation in him who keeps you fixed to the cross; he will release you when he judges it appropriate. Happpy are they who suffer with him.
I wish you were convinced that God is often closer to us in times of sickness and suffering than when we enjoy perfect health. Seek no other doctor but him. Place all your trust in him.
Whatever remedies you may use, they will only work to the extent that he will permit. Find consolation in the sovereign doctor of body and soul.
Thank you so much for sharing the reflection by Bro. Lawrence. LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray that Dr. S will be able to help you.
Oh, could you check your e-mail when you get the chance?
ReplyDeletebeautiful thoughts there. I"m sure you are super excited that your trip is coming so soon!!!
ReplyDeletegorgeous reflections!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! It's great to take a break from the computer, isn't it? I need to do that more often. And I LOVE Beauty and the Beast! It was always my favorite story as a young girl. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful that you are able to put together a play with your students..very creative too. I'm sure it's been tough knowing your big trip is coming up and spring is around the corner. I work with "little" ones so this time of the year is crazy anyways. I love when there's lots of positives to look forward too. PRaying for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThis kind of makes me wish I was back in school with you as the teacher. How fun this all sounds.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are so close to the big trip. Take lots and lots of pictures to share with us.
BTW: My word verification is aTAMPON . . . shouldn't blogger be a little kinder to me than that?
What a wonderful idea about the seder with your students. Holy Week is WITHOUT A DOUBT my favorite time of the year, and I love our parish's seder meal. I teach spanish/religion at a Catholic School, and you have given me a wonderful idea! I am going to have a seder meal with my 7th graders!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat resources did you use for the seder? the full readings or a modified version for children??
ReplyDelete