Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thank You!!

I got the sweetest gift in the mail from prayer buddy yesterday! Thank you Ann!!

She sent me a beautiful journal that has my blog name on it. I couldn't believe it! It has Jeremiah 29:11 on the cover along with part of the passage, "For I know the plans I have for you." This passage has always brought me so much comfort... and ever since I chose it for my blog title it has continued to pop up in my life.

She also sent me a beautiful little book called, "Treasury of Novenas." I have always wanted a book of novenas! How did you know that? I've never seen one in the Catholic bookstore. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. Ann, did you purposefully place the yellow ribbon on the "Our Lady of Lourdes/St. Bernadette" section? When I opened the book of Novenas it was marked in that spot.

In her sweet letter she told me about the prayers that she (and even her husband) prayed for me. I was so touched. Prayer is truly so powerful and I feel honored to have had her prayers throughout all of Lent. So thank you again!

I also recently received a sweet gift from another blogger. Seriously, you ladies are so amazing! This lovely lady sent me a CD mix with some great Christian music. She knows how important music is to me – especially in my prayer life. I’ve really been enjoying it in my car. She also sent me a little book called, “Searching for and Maintaining Peace.” I can’t wait to read it! Peace is definitely something that I am searching for and hoping to maintain. Her lovely card said that she had been thinking about me and praying for me. She is so generous!

I’m so blessed by you women! I was touched to receive both gifts and so honored to have you as friends.

Ok, I promise to get back to pilgrimage posting later today. I’ve been crazy busy with school stuff, play rehearsals, youth group, Hearts Aflame classes, etc. The spring always gets so crazy! Summer will be here before we know it… :)

2 comments:

  1. Searching for and Maintaining Peace is one of my favs!!! Sounds like the Lord is showering you with gifts via others ;)

    Can't wait to see you Thursday, girl, and hear about the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! No. The ribbon was already there, but I noticed it when I was trying to decide between two novena books. I saw where the ribbon was and concluded that must be the book I was meant to get for you.

    ReplyDelete