Another small world moment happened this past weekend. Here is the back story... when we were in Rome this spring we met an American priest - Fr. C - who was living in Rome. A mutual friend of ours put us in touch. I emailed with him before the trip and we talked about possibly getting together. We really weren't sure what our week in Rome was going to be like.
It ended up that Fr. C got us tickets to the Papal Chrism Mass when we needed them! We met him in front of St. Peter's that morning, he gave us the tickets and after chatting for a bit he went in through the special priest entrance. (All priests can concelebrate this one Mass with the Holy Father.)
We attempted to meet up again that week but it didn't work out. I had told Fr. C about our pilgrimage to Lourdes and about our desire for children. He suggested that we visit this special statue of Our Lady of Childbirth inside St. Augstine's Church. Many Italians and pilgrims pray there when they are trying to have children. The walls around the statue are filled with bibs and other baby items from people who return to give thanksgiving to Our Lady after they have a baby.

It was a beautiful statue. My husband and I lit a candle and prayed there for a bit. Of course I hoped and dreamed that we would have a reason to return with a baby bib. Little did I know that would become a reality! (I guess we'd better go back to Rome soon.)
Anyways, I'm giving you all this back story because Fr. C has returned to our diocese and has been assigned to the parish where I sing. It's such a small world. It was fun to see him last weekend after Mass and introduce Tommy. I continue to be in awe of our little miracle.
Telling this story reminds me that I never finished posting about our pilgrimage. I got through the Lourdes part, but not Rome. It was such an amazing and grace-filled trip! I'm going to try and finish posting those pictures/stories. I would like to have it on my blog for posterity.
It's hard to believe that Tommy is now 2 months old! At his doctor's appointment yesterday he got his shots. He was such a good baby and only cried briefly. He now weighs 12 pounds and is 23 inches long. He's getting so big!
OUr Lady of Childbirth? I wish that was at my parish, of course then I would probably never leave the feet of the one lol! Maybe your IF journey will really help your real in life friends more than you thought it would, I thank God Sew introduced me to all of you, it is such great therapy, especially for someone just beginning the journey!
ReplyDeleteOur Lady of Childbirth? Wow, I need to get there next time I'm in Rome! And you'll have to get back there with a bib; she really came through! :)
ReplyDeleteSo is this Fr. C at St. R's? Replacing the other Fr. C? So many changes! I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since I left! I miss a lot about that parish community, but I love it here too!
I loved reading about your pilgrimage and can't wait to read the rest! He's already two months old? How can that be?!?! :)
ReplyDeletewow, two months! time goes FAST!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he's already 2 months. Very cool about Our Lady of Childbirth.
ReplyDeletetime flies! I just love thinking about you praying there amongst the bibs and now you have your Tommy! That is really neat that the priest is one you can see often.
ReplyDeleteWow, I have never heard of Our Lady of Childbirth! Awesome! And what an amazing thing that Fr. C. is now at your parish!
ReplyDeleteTwo months?? What a great milestone, and let me tell you, it is sooooooo wonderful to see his photos, because I can't get over his sweet blue eyes and his "little man" face! So adorable. Lucky, blessed baby.
I have never heard of that, either! I can't wait until you finish about your post (with pics of Tommy in between).
ReplyDeleteWhen we were in Ireland on our honeymoon, we heard a definite Southern accent from a gentleman. Went to talk to him and he was not only from our city, but also a professor at the small private university I was attending for post-graduate studies. VERY small world.