Today I received an unexpected letter in the mail from my doctor - Dr. S in Pennsylvania (a Napro doctor) - which says that he is retiring in March. I was so surprised! I have an appointment with him next week and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not.
I have actually been uncertain about what my next steps were going to be anyways. At my last follow up with him we just had a conversation (no exam) and nothing much changed. I have continued taking HCG injections but he hasn't done any blood work since my surgery last March.
I was so excited when I finally decided to start working with him, but I've been pretty disappointed that we still haven't conceived all these months post-surgery.
Now I need to find a new physician - any advice from those of you that are local? I don't know anything about the other doctors in Dr. S's practice, and I'm not sure if it's worth the 2.5 hour drive from my house.
*Sigh* Why do I feel like I'm starting all over again?
Oh geeee, I also go to him. It's a bummer, have no info on the other dr in his office either. I am sorry, this really sucks.
ReplyDeleteNoooo! He was on my 'doctors I might need to see someday list.'
ReplyDeleteBut... it just so happens that this amazing doctor (trained by Hilgers himself!) is coming to your general area... :)
http://www.nfpworksblog.com/2011/12/14/napro-surgeon-signs-with-richmond-hospital/
If you have to start all over... this might be a pretty awesome way to do it!
I got my letter today too. It's disappointing. I still have one appt with him in February, and am planning an ultrasound series. But I'm kind of in the same boat... what are the next steps? But a doctor in Richmond... that is good news. Closer than Dr. S, actually!
ReplyDeleteHe hasn't done any blood work since last March? That seems odd, how do you know if you are even responding to HCG? That's so frustrating...
ReplyDeleteId get with one of the other doctors stat....Contact our friend that lives there. :)
Oh no! I'm so sorry G! What a bummer... I can't believe he is retiring! The only thing I can think is that you are meant to be led elsewhere on this journey. God has in all in control. Praying you find a new doc soon!
ReplyDeleteOh, G. I am so frustrated for you.
ReplyDeletePraying. I do think that the new Doc in Richmond is probably very, very good, if that is any consolation.
The new doctor who is coming to Richmond assisted in my laparotomy and she is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWe go to the same practice! I had no idea Dr. S was retiring, but I see Dr. Daggs and she is AWESOME!!! She's probably a little bit different than Dr. S, but I really, really like her. I say give her a shot.
ReplyDeleteI heard about this from someone else. What a bummer. I think though if I were in your shoes, I'd give the new doc in Richmond a shot. Gives you another excuse to visit the bloggers down there and I'm sure they could provide plenty of local help if you decide to go the surgical route.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry--I forgot you already had surgery with Dr. S! Bad memory!
ReplyDeleteThat is sad news to hear. It looks like the new doctor in Richmond is coming at the perfect time! Hopefully she will have some new ideas for you. It seems weird to me that you haven't had blood work run in almost a year. I'm pretty sure I had it done monthly when I was working with him and I had a monthly cycle review.
ReplyDeleteSomeone that has trained at the Institute is a good idea and also Dr. D, she is def. amazing. Another set of eyes on your case is always a good thing, we had at least 3 other opinions for ours. :)
ReplyDeleteWe *might* be getting a new NaPro doc here in Delaware! I'm working with an NFP doc in Dover who is considering getting trained. Obviously it would be awhile before you could see her in a NaPro capacity, but just throwing it out there for the future!
ReplyDeleteThis is really strange, because we just had a NaPro doc up and leave the OBGYN practice I go to. No one even knows what happened with her. (Raleigh, NC area)....I'm trying to investigate! ;)
ReplyDelete