Friday, October 5, 2012

Quick Takes

1.  We are slowly but surely settling into our new normal here as a family of four.  I've probably already written that sentence in a previous post, but I wrote it again since we are still "settling!" 

2. Friends have been stopping by recently to meet Molly and drop off gifts/meals.  It's one of my favorite things about this time of having a newborn.  I love being able to stay home and have everyone come to us. 

Although it's a little different now that most everyone has kids and their own busy lives.  A few busy moms have offered to bring us meals and I feel so guilty taking them up on their offer!  But as my friend told me yesterday, "Never turn down food!"  Ha ha...  very wise words indeed. 

Another friend stopped by this morning and she totally puts me to shame.  She just delivered baby #5 one week ago!  All her older kids were off playing with other friends, so she went to Mass, ran errands and them came by to meet Molly and spend some time catching up.  I don't know how these moms of large families do it all. 

3.  Another fun part of this newborn stage is all the packages that arrive.  Even when it's something I ordered online myself, I still love having packages arrive at the door. :) My brother and sis-in-law sent Molly this adorable Halloween bag that arrived today.  Too cute! 
 
4. I stayed up late last night watching the USC - Utah game.  Kickoff was at 9pm EST and the came wasn't over until close to 1am.  Thankfully I used that time to address Molly's birth announcements.  I fed her around midnight and she didn't need to eat again until 5am, so that was great!
 
5.  Tommy is waking up from his nap so I will have to make these last ones quick!
 
6. We are gearing up for more visitors in the next month or so and we just booked our flight to go to California for Thanksgiving.  It's hard to believe how quickly the time is flying by!
 
7.  We got good news from our lawyer in Indiana.  He feels confident that we will be able to move forward with finalization soon.  It's not 100% certain, but he's hopeful we can do it before the year is over.  That would be so amazing! 
 
I'm afraid that Molly will be the typical second-child and have much less pictures than the first.  So I will leave you with one I snapped yesterday.  Have a great weekend!
 


 
 


8 comments:

  1. Molly is such a sweetheart. I am so glad that things are coming together for finalization. Hang in there, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I don't think we will let you get away with not posting pictures of her - we will be on you! ;) That is great news about the adoption and the possibility of getting finalized before year-end. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Praying that you get to finalize everything before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying that finalization happens by Christmas! A truly joyous celebration!
    Molly is so cute! I love any pictures that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Praying for finalization!!! Love the bag! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! Praying for the finalization process.

    ReplyDelete