Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012

2012 was a great year for our family.  We are so grateful to God for blessing us with our sweet little girl.  There are still days when I honestly can't believe that it happened - I look at Molly and wonder how she got here!  I thank God every day for this most precious gift and I am so honored to be her mama. 

That being said, I realize that 2012 was a difficult year for others.  My husbands family lost his dear Uncle Johnny this year.  I know it's been hard for his family and I pray that they are comforted by God's peace. 

My brother and his wife had a rough year also - a miscarriage this summer and a very difficult time trying to buy a home.  Praise God, I'm happy to report they are moving into their new home today!  I hope that 2013 brings many blessings for them.

I know many others who are waiting on God's timing - for a spouse, a child or a job.  I pray that they are comforted during this time of waiting.  It can be hard to be faithful when it seems that God is not answering your prayers and I pray they are given strength. 

Please pray for a friend of mine from college, Megan.  Her family is going through a very difficult time right now.  Her ten-month old daughter Riley is in the hospital battling meningitis.  She is in very serious condition, right now she is in a coma, and a few days ago they were preparing to lose her.  I can't even imagine having to deal with this.  She is posting updates on her blog if you'd like to follow along. 

I pray that 2013 is full of many blessings in your lives. 

The LORD bless you and keep you. The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26


Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.

5 comments:

  1. How awful for your friends!!! Ill be praying for then!! Happy new year to your little family of four!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'll be praying for your friend and her family, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for your friend!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be praying for your friend & Miss Riley.
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you, G!!

    Visited Megan's blog. Wow. Praying for her and her precious little angel.

    ReplyDelete