I was fired today. Technically, my position was eliminated and the parish had to let me go. I wasn't surprised. In fact, I had been wondering for some time if this might happen.
I have been the (part-time) Youth Minister at my parish for six years. Over that time the parish has gone through a lot of changes - including a new pastor last summer. I knew the parish was having financial trouble and apparently they had to eliminate a few positions.
I have mixed feelings about the whole situation. In a way I'm relieved and glad to have this time for my family. I was always stressed and crazy on the Sundays when we had our meetings.
But of course I'm disappointed about the loss of income. We've been hoping to move soon and this definitely changes those plans. I trust that everything will work out.
Apparently the new priest just assigned to our parish will take over the program. I know how busy all priests are so I'm not sure what exactly that means. I will do my best to help him during the transition.
Well, it was a crazy day around here since we leave town tomorrow morning for Nebraska. I'd better go and do some last-minute packing! You can see that Tommy was a big help today...
That sounds like what happened to me...well kinda! The family I was watching full time moved to another state. It is hard to lose income and even harder when it is out of our control. It has been almost 2 months now and we really miss the income (seriously miss the income), but our family has been blessed with so much since then in other ways (more time/attention for my kids, more time to get housework done during the day which means more family time, and Isaiah has made more progress developementally
ReplyDelete:-( So sorry. I hate when priests are given the responsibility of YM. It has been 6 years since I was let go from my ministry job & began life as a full time SAHM. I pray this will be a blessing (in disguise) for your family.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that!
ReplyDeleteThe loss of income is hard. I was nannying for a little boy and his grandma retired and started to watch him instead. It's a challenge, but like Julie said, it's blessed our family in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your job :( So totally lame. That priest is going to have his hands full! I'll be praying for you, your family, and the survival of the Youth Ministry program at your parish. Also, JVC and both involved in Youth Ministry - what else are we going to have in common??
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this! But I will tell you we love our relaxing Sundays since DH quite the Core Team. ;) I hope everything works out!
ReplyDelete"Last minute packing"... You say that as if there was another type of packing. I only, ever, pack at the last minute. But it would be smarter to be packing now for the weekend instead of waiting until tomorrow. I hope you're having a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry!
ReplyDelete