Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sick

Of course Tommy is sick. It never fails when we are traveling that he comes down with something. 

He had the sniffles and some congestion on Thursday when we traveled. Friday it was worse, but he was in good spirits and never had a fever. He had so much fun playing with his cousins and the other friends that were visiting us. It was a long day and a late night, but he seemed ok.

Then around 1:00am he woke up coughing and crying. He was shaking and really wheezing like I've never heard before. (He's never had any respiratory issues like that before.) After he calmed down a bit he was still wheezing, so I told my hubby I wanted to take him to urgent care/ER to be seen. 

We got dressed, threw a few things in my bag and loaded up in the car. During that time he seemed to be getting better but I still wanted to go. After he was buckled into his carseat he was very chatty asking for cereal, milk and asking what the doctor would be like. The wheezing was gone.

My hubby and I looked at each other, laughed and decided that it would be silly to take him to the ER at that point. I think being up and moving plus breathing in the cool air helped.

We came back inside, let him watch a show and then put him back to bed at around 2:30am. He slept the rest of the night just fine!

I'm nervous it's going to happen again tonight. Hopefully he's on the mend and we can all get some good sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Glad he is doing better. How funny would that have been to bring him to the ER and say "he was sick just a few minutes ago, I promise" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to read kids and sicknesses!!!
    I hope and pray he is better quickly.

    ReplyDelete