Monday, January 12, 2009

Feeling Good

I shouldn't be surprised by this... but it's amazing how good I feel after a couple of days of eating healthy, exercising and praying in the morning. Unfortunately I'm not always consistent. I have moments (even months!) when I'm good. But lately I haven't been. You know - surgery, holidays, etc. So now I'm picking myself back up again and getting back on track. Truly, I feel so much better. I have more energy, I'm happier and my body just feels better. I hope and pray I can keep it going.

Overall it feels great to be back into my routine. Last week was a mess getting back to work and back to life. It was way too difficult to get home late Sunday night after being gone for over two weeks and go to work Monday morning. This past weekend we put away all the Christmas decorations and tried to get the house in order. Not to mention MANY loads of laundry! We're not finished, but at least the house is looking better.

This week I have my women's prayer group again. I am so blessed and encouraged by these women. I really look forward to our time together! Also, my hubby and I are doing a special novena for the FOCA. It's so depressing and saddening to think about the consequences of this awful legislation. I am praying so hard for a conversion of this country.

Question: do any of you IFers take pre-natal vitamins? When we first starting trying to conceive I bought a bottle and started taking them. But when it became clear that it wasn't happening, it was too depressing to keep taking them. I know that they help in early pregnancy, but do they actually help conceive? Just curious...

4 comments:

  1. Dr. B has actually told me to take them. I did for a couple months, but they recently ran out and they are expensive so I have been putting off buying them. I can completely relate to it being too depressing to take them, though. For the first few years, I always felt like I would be a phony if I bought them. But then this past year I realized that nearly every infertility blogger takes them and then my doctor recommended them, so I got over that. Every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make me nauseated and short of breath! I actually went to the doctor and had chest xrays because I wasn't able to inhale and catch my breath. It was freightening! So I don't take them.

    Just Cod Liver Oil and B6. Which B6 isn't really doing much for me.

    Glad you are back in a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just take a B6 vitamin (from Kubat's pharmacy) and folic acid (400 mcgs). I don't do any other prenatal things. I did at first but they made me nauseated too and I haven't had a dr suggest I take them in a long, long time anyways. So, I'm not worried too worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take a pre-natal instead of a multi-vitamin each day. I was also taking folic acid until I recently ran out. And I had started the fish oil pills, but OMG... had the craziest abdominal discomfort the past couple weeks and my dr. thinks it's the fish oil, so I'm cut off for now to see if it helps. (But I was loving how I felt otherwise on them! Skin soft, I felt energetic, etc.. If they are the culprit, I may cut the dose in half and ease back onto them.) It's amazing how great you can feel some days! I wish we could bottle those feelings for the rough days.

    ReplyDelete