Today is my Dad's birthday - so this post is in honor of him! He is turning a significant number today, which I will not reveal. ;) Instead I will reveal to you just how great he is. I have the best Dad in the world. Seriously, I do! Here are just a few reason why he is so wonderful...
My dad is smart. He's REALLY smart. He's actually a rocket scientist! I definitely didn't appreciate my dad's work while I was growing up. I knew that he worked in aerospace, but that was about it. It wasn't until much later (like when I was married!) that I realized the significance of my dad's accomplishments. When he retired in 2001 he was the Chief Orbital Engineer of the Space Shuttle. Pretty cool! Last May we were able to see a shuttle launch and it was so awesome to have him as our personal tour guide at the Kenndy Space Center. We got NASA VIP seats and everything.
My dad is a trivia genius. In addition to his vast knowledge of aerospace engineering, he is a wiz at trivia. Whether the topic is sports (especially USC!), music, politics, history, the Church, etc - he knows something about it! We always told him he should go on Jeopardy. Or perhaps he should try "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" :)
My dad is faithful. He has a deep faith and is committed to growing in his relationship with God. Church was always a priority in our house and it is true that, "A family that prays together, stays together." Together with my mom, he taught me how to pray and the importance of having faith. He is a faithful steward and gives his time, talent and treasure to the Church. I am so grateful that he raised me with such a firm foundation!
My dad is funny. He always makes us laugh!
My dad is a good husband. The BEST thing parents can give their children is the example of a good marriage. My parents deep love and committment to one another has been evident my entire life. They have an unconditional love for each other and for our family. Unfortunately this is becoming rare in our world today! My dad has always been the provider, protector and leader of our family. His great example formed my image of what a husband and marrige should be.
My dad is an image of God the Father. THE most important role that fathers have is to be an image of God our Father - and my dad has been this for me. He loves me unconditionally. He teaches me. He leads and guides me. He listens to me. He gives me advice when I need it. He loves me. He supports me. He forgives me. He spoils me with gifts. He hugs me and holds me. He knows me very well. He is always there to take my call. He loves me.
I love you Dad!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
My dad doesn't know about this blog, but he does check my other one! And I have the same post on there today. :) (Anyone else out there have two blogs???)
That is so sweet! Happy birthday to your dad!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question on my blog.. Dr. B told me to go on prenatals, but didn't mention the B6. I just know that it is something we can do to increase mucus when on an ovulation drug, so I didn't even bother asking him. It's over the counter, and if I were a PPVI patient, they'd put me on it. They did way back when I first started, actually. And it was my Creighton instructor who actually told me to get it, so it wasn't even very formal then. I'll tell him the next time I see him though.
Happy Bday to your father! What a wonderful post you did to honor him. I feel the same way about my father. He is such a good and faithful man. He's always been so good to me too. Actually, both of my parents are wonderful to me and very supportive of my husband and I! We are thankful for them. My husband has some of my father's attributes. He's a good man too and would make a wonderful father like my dad. Lord willing. Thanks for sharing with us. God Bless.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday to him!!!
ReplyDeletemy dad and dad-in-law are great guys too. you're so lucky to have such a great example for you and for your future kids. :)
No, I'm not going to the Mass since we're heading up the next morning. I've heard that is great. I've never been because in the past it's always conflicted with the Mass at the Basilica.. or I think at least you have to arrive so early for both that you couldn't get to both of them. I know there's some reason I couldn't go! I LOVE the Mass at the Basilica too. It's amazing to see all those priests!! I'm sad I won't be at that either. Will you be at the march?
ReplyDeleteOh, and it's a storm door! I'm just excited because I've wanted one forever and it's going to have a retractible screen that goes half way down. I know, kind of weird that I'm so excited by a door! :)
ReplyDelete