Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Football and Camping

My hubby and I had an AWESOME time at the football game last weekend! The game itself was one for the record books - USC came from behind to score in the final minute to win the game. I couldn't believe it! I had pretty much given up and thought we would lose. I was really impressed with our new freshman quarterback that he was able to put together an amazing game-winning drive.

It was great to experience Columbus and Ohio Stadium. The OSU fans were amazing - they stood and cheered the entire game. They were so loud, my ears actually hurt! I loved the atmosphere of 100,000 fans going crazy for their team. Here are a few pics.

Me and hubby behind the ESPN GameDay stage. The camera panned us a couple of times, but we didn't got on TV.

My mom, me, hubby and my dad outside the stadium.

Me and Brutus, the Buckeye.

Me and hubby in the stadium before the game.


I will have to write more later, because I'm going camping today with our 5th and 6th grade students. Pray for us because it's supposed to rain. I go on this trip every year and for the most part it is a lot of fun. Today we are hiking, tomorrow we are rafting on the Potomac River and Friday we do the ropes course. The worst part is no showers... hopefully I can survive until Friday night!

7 comments:

  1. I hope the rain holds out so you can enjoy your trip!

    The football game looks like it was a lot of fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love football season too! this should be an interesting year..

    the espn game day will be in austin this weekend when we play tx tech!


    enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time at the game! I am glad to see that you survived being in the land of the Buckeyes while wearing a USC shirt - we are transplants to Ohio and are still amazed by the school spirit of Ohioans who didn't even attend the school! Happy Camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a USC shirt I see on Troy? What did you think of my boy Matt? Isn't he amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you two are so cute!!! hope the camping is going well... God bless you with all of those middle schoolers!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We watched the football game -- well Mr. JB and his dad watched while I puttered around the house. My hubs was so impressed that you were there!!!

    I hope that camping went well. I haven't been on any overnight trips with students and I hope that I'm never asked!

    ReplyDelete