Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moving Ahead

Thanks for all your comments and advice about the HCG shot. I called Freedom Pharmacy today and hopefully my doctor's office faxed in the prescription. I never heard back from the nurses, so I'm crossing my fingers they sent it in. Whew, thankfully I can get the shot this way. And they send it directly to my house. So nice! Hopefully the timing lines up with my ovulation. The woman said something about a delay because of the long weekend.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. B for our adoption homestudy paperwork. I decided to meet with him since I haven't seen him for about a year. I'm curious to hear if he has any insight into my current situation. Also I want to invite him to speak to our Infertility Support Group! He is such a kind and caring man. I know that he enjoyed his time with the Richmond ladies, so I'm hoping he is able to meet with us.

I did a lot of running around today. We had our fire inspection in the morning. The big fire engine pulled up to our house and I wondered what all the neighbors were thinking! Three firemen came in and checked out the house. Thankfully everything looked good and we passed. Even though we have a ton of smoke detectors around the house, they decided to add one more. My hubby was not pleased when he came home! I think he's going to take it down. Oops, I guess I could have said no since we didn't really need it.

We also got our fingerprints done tonight. It feels good to keep moving forward with all these steps. Although I'm getting tired of paying for everything... it's really starting to add up. Our social worker told us that we will have to take one all-day class in order to be homestudy approved. And it's going to cost $250 for both of us to attend! I would think that the agency would at least cover this since they are the ones who put on the class.

Anyways, the other exciting news for today is that our new TV arrived! We've been working on our family room and it's really starting to come together. It arrived just in time for football season. We are so excited to spend the long weekend at home watching football!

4 comments:

  1. yay for progress...I need to get moving on our family room, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh- that is so funny about the firemen! If I were your hubby, I'd take that "new" one down too, haha! Congrats on your new TV- yippee for football! Go Eagles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-Hoo!!!! You have to sign for the FP box. Will you be home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following poorly - I didn't realize that you were so far with adoption, or that you hadn't seen Dr. B in a year! If you don't mind explaining, how exactly does he fit into the adoption process?

    ReplyDelete